Author Topic: Broken wire on front of alternator  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Paul86S2

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,376
Broken wire on front of alternator
« on: 20 August 2009, 16:45 »
I have a broken single wire that goes to a plug connector on the front of the alternator.

Car is a 16v Mk3.

Does anyone know what the wire is for?

Cheers

Paul

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Broken wire on front of alternator
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2009, 17:32 »
is it blue? if so its for the battery warning light, and if disconnected the alt wont charge properly :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Paul86S2

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,376
Re: Broken wire on front of alternator
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2009, 18:14 »
Thanks. Yes it was blue but with a black outer cover.

Found out it was for the battery warning light and reconnected it. Didn't realise it would stop it charging properly.

Thanks again for the info.

Paul