Author Topic: Engine code  (Read 1719 times)

Offline jonesltd

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,175
  • MK7 R
Engine code
« on: 18 August 2009, 17:38 »
M8 has a W reg 2000 gt tdi golf and needs to know what the engine code is to replace the starter motor as the part number has been wiped! I believe its a 115bhp certainly not anything lower as it keeps up with my 130 pretty well. I am engine code ASZ being 130
If you cant find it......Grind it

Offline Mr_Orange

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,220
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Re: Engine code
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2009, 17:52 »
Can you get a look at the engine?  Code is stamped on top front corner of the block.


Build thread clicky

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: Engine code
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2009, 19:10 »
AJM if its a 115bhp

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Engine code
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2009, 19:15 »

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline jonesltd

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,175
  • MK7 R
Re: Engine code
« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2009, 21:40 »
If it is a 115bhp can I still use a 130bhp starter motor?


Just checked it said on the side of the connected to the block under the TDI cover AJM 186 464
« Last Edit: 18 August 2009, 21:46 by jonesltd »
If you cant find it......Grind it

Offline jonesltd

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,175
  • MK7 R
Re: Engine code
« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2009, 22:01 »
VW dealers said they recommend this for the starter motor but as its old it wont be factory fitted? 02m911023F and most I see for the 1999-2000 models ends with an A? Does that matter and will it fit if I got the A?
If you cant find it......Grind it

Offline snap-on

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
Re: Engine code
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2009, 23:08 »
engine code is also on the big white sticker which is in the boot stuck to the floor under the carpet which also has tons of other info on it

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Engine code
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2009, 23:11 »
engine code is also on the big white sticker which is in the boot stuck to the floor under the carpet which also has tons of other info on it

Which is in the link i posted ^^^^  :wink:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline jonesltd

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,175
  • MK7 R
Re: Engine code
« Reply #8 on: 19 August 2009, 12:43 »
yep looked at that but can the AJM 115 model have a ASZ 130 model starter motor put in it?
If you cant find it......Grind it