Author Topic: foot rest "pedal"  (Read 1355 times)

Offline mac456

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 578
foot rest "pedal"
« on: 18 August 2009, 09:03 »
does anyone else find the foot rest annoying?

it kind of gets in the way when im using the clutch, maybe its just that i have wide feet but still its annoying lol.

has anyone else had this and was able to sort it out or a work around? maybe a smaller rest?

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: foot rest "pedal"
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2009, 10:35 »
foot rest is fine for me and useful on long journeys

how wide are your feet  :huh:

it could be that its come loose from its position - have a look and make sure its up tight against the centre console  :smiley:

Offline mac456

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 578
Re: foot rest "pedal"
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2009, 11:11 »
lol, i have never thought they were wide until now  :grin:

i check that out, thanks.

im tempted to take it off, but i think it would be too wierd not have one at all and as you said long journeys its use full.

Offline jeynesey

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,179
  • Non VW but still VAG
Re: foot rest "pedal"
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2009, 11:43 »
I LOVE the footrest. I hate driving cars without one now, and some with foot rests are still sh!te. I think its placed perfectly IMO.
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D





Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline Steve_PD

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,119
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: foot rest "pedal"
« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2009, 16:55 »
I LOVE the footrest. I hate driving cars without one now, and some with foot rests are still sh!te. I think its placed perfectly IMO.

same here use mine all the time
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: foot rest "pedal"
« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2009, 19:17 »
I LOVE the footrest. I hate driving cars without one now, and some with foot rests are still sh!te. I think its placed perfectly IMO.

same here use mine all the time

+1

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.