Author Topic: Sparks and Leads  (Read 1380 times)

Offline th3_f15t

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,060
Sparks and Leads
« on: 17 August 2009, 22:47 »
I recentlty placed an order with Euro Car Parts for some parts, 2 of which were new HT leads and 4 spark plugs for my Digifant engine. When ordered, the details both stated they were for a PB engine.

But now I've tried to fit them and first off, the lead that connects the distributor to something else (not sure what it is, top of engine bay under wind shield wipers) is too short. Then I've found the leads I have don't fit the spark plugs, think the spark plugs may be too big (8mm)?

The old spark plaugs don't really fit in the new leads, but the old leads don't fit the new spark plugs..?! Do you guys recon I've been sent both the wrong spark plugs and HT leads for my car?

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

gtigolfthree

  • Guest
Re: Sparks and Leads
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2009, 09:28 »
Seems like it. Are there part numbers? The thing your wondering about is the coil.

Offline th3_f15t

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,060
Re: Sparks and Leads
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2009, 09:46 »
I've got the part numbers, yeah;

HT Leads - KER TDC171
Sparks - BCH 02422356 63

I'm going down to my local car shop today to buy more, but will take some of my spare ones to make sure they're not the same!

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Sparks and Leads
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2009, 09:52 »
some leads require the nipple to be fitted on the spark plugs, and some you need to unscrew it. all the decent VW 8v leads I've ever bought didnt use the nipple.  either way the king lead should reach, sounds liek they've sold you a duff set.
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline th3_f15t

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,060
Re: Sparks and Leads
« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2009, 10:02 »
Ah, now that might be the case as the old sparks had a very thin connection point at the top... Will try that and if it fail will buy a new lead set.

The king lead that connects to the coil (se, I'm learnin'!) is the old one which I just cleaned up. It had some corrosion and the dizzy cap connection was bad too but hoping is should be ok. If not, can you buy just that lead from anywhere, new?

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!