Author Topic: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?  (Read 9008 times)

Offline T_J_G

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,279
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #40 on: 17 August 2009, 12:31 »
I don't know why I bought a mk4, i had a couple of mk2's and wanted something more comfortable. Had money burning a whole in my pocket, wanted to stay VW so bought a silver TDI then regretted that and bought the 1.8T.

Offline Poosp

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #41 on: 17 August 2009, 15:50 »
Needed to take a step back from my Cash burning Jap import Impreza.

Was after the GT TDI 150 but couldn't find a good example in my area with the right price. Mum has the GTI 150 and I knew the 34mpg was acheivable so went to see a nice looking one nearby. Saw It, Bought It, F**ked Off.

Lovely car that I can make quicker when cash flow improves again. Happy Days.

Offline mac456

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 578
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #42 on: 17 August 2009, 19:19 »
i got mine, becuase it was the best car i could get for my money imo, only had a 2k to spend, managed to strecth my funds a little more and got a good example.

all happend unexpected really, wasnt in the market for a new car but my old one died  :sad: "ford"  :rolleyes:

hopefully i will keep this one for a couple of years,and hopefully a remap in the near future once i know the car is 100% perfect as it is or i get bored, which ever one comes 1st lol  :grin:

Offline jeynesey

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,179
  • Non VW but still VAG
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #43 on: 17 August 2009, 19:21 »
Who knows..... its just a money pit :undecided:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D





Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline Mr_Orange

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,220
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #44 on: 17 August 2009, 21:04 »
Comfort, Performance & Safety

In that order (I think).  It's standard so that may be subject to change one day!
« Last Edit: 18 August 2009, 16:55 by Mr_Orange »


Build thread clicky

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,576
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #45 on: 17 August 2009, 21:17 »
It was the call of an easy/cheap 200 ponies which first caught my attention!  8)

If only I'd known how much ££££ on top of that I'd be pumping into it, lol!!  :D
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline mikemk4gti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,156
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #46 on: 18 August 2009, 21:08 »
 Because I wanted one!, the wife wanted an Astra bertone convertible but it only has 4 seats which doesn't work with three kids.

51 mk4 gti 1.8t AUM | 05 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line | 01 A3 1.8t Sport | 02 Golf 25th Anni 1.8T | 03 mk4 GTI AUQ | 05 Leon Fr TDI 150 | mk2 golf gti 8v | 01 Audi S3
Back in my old MK4 '01 AUM!
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/400214.aspx
VagCom, VagTacho, MTE, Needles, Key coding, Locked beeps etc availab