Author Topic: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?  (Read 9030 times)

Offline Wurzel

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 453
Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« on: 15 August 2009, 13:04 »
Why did you buy your mk4? I bought mine after test driving one at a second hand car place when I was looking for a Ford Focus. The Focus I drove that day was dodgy so i thought I'd try the Golf and quite liked it. I think the interior impressed me the most.

But, Focuses are cheaper and very good to drive. I probably should have bought one, it would have been the more sensible buy, but I have never liked their styling much.
1999 mk4 1.8 n/a AGN Silver Grey
***Looking for one 16 inch wheel, Montreal 2*** and a rear parcel shelf (without speaker holes!)

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2009, 13:16 »
Dad had two MKIV's and i liked the way they looked and the interior

then i found out about the diesel engines, searched for 3 months and bought the best one i test drove.

The rest as they say is history

Offline tg1

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,192
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2009, 13:24 »
the reason's i bought mine and got rid of the yaris,

* looks soo cool when done right ( it will be one day...)
* recaros
* turbo
* bigger boot than the yaris'
* handling is soo rubbish the mrs is asking me to lower it!  :grin:
* comfier on the m/ways
* tuning potential from the 1.8t
 
reasons why i wanted a early one

* Recaros
* tax
* cheaper

Offline navmk4gti

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,453
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2009, 15:54 »
looks good... nippy.. not that expensive to run compared to other turbo cars ... and endless amount of dubbing  :grin: :smiley:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop
Website: https://www.theonestopledshop.com/

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!


Offline jonnyturbo

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,806
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2009, 18:09 »
bought it for the turbo then all the other great things / features just fell into place :grin:
Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.

Offline Steve_PD

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,119
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2009, 19:11 »
Bought it because I needed a diesel and the mk4 was the only car I liked, plus I thought VW's were reliable  :lipsrsealed:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline player.777

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2009, 19:15 »
looks.
economy and power in one.
reliability and build of a vw.
always wanted another golf since my mk1 gti.

Offline jtomlin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 615
  • 1999 AGU 1.8T GTI
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #7 on: 15 August 2009, 21:25 »
was looking for an audi a3 for about 3 months, it just wasnt meant to be, i saw a golf on autotrader, brother convinced me to go have a look (i wasnt keen) got there and fell in love!

Offline chrisj

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 263
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #8 on: 15 August 2009, 21:44 »
I originally bought my first one when my son was born as a family car and i've had another two since.Most reliable cars i've had and never looked back
R Tech stage 1 AUM, Pipercross panel filter, forge 007p, Santa Monica's,Lowered 35mm Jamex Shocks and springs, Milltek Exhaust, mk5 rear wiper

Offline sambo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,057
Re: Why did you buy a mk4 Golf?
« Reply #9 on: 15 August 2009, 21:48 »
I originally bought my first one when my son was born as a family car and i've had another two since.Most reliable cars i've had and never looked back


Jesus, what else have you owned?  :grin: :laugh: :lipsrsealed: :rolleyes: :shocked: :tongue: :undecided: :evil: :nerd: :smug: :drool: :embarassed: :sick:
Sam



AXX power!  ..   Tinkering has started.... :smiley: