Author Topic: GTI FUEL PUMP  (Read 5641 times)

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: GTI FUEL PUMP
« Reply #20 on: 07 July 2009, 14:48 »
have a look at the fusebox faq, you'll want the section for the pre-90 MK2 golf.  that should help you sort out whats what! the trigger wire for the relay is the red/black wire to the coil, all the other wiring is internal to the fusebox :)

I did see your post, not nice :grin:  once you get stuck in you'll be ok, gotta remember there may be random wires off to microwave sensors up on the top of the pillars, there will be wires to the door/boot light switches, wires to the siren and bonnet pop button etc. might seem impossible but as you say, work carefully and you'll get there!
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: GTI FUEL PUMP
« Reply #21 on: 07 July 2009, 15:32 »
have a look at the fusebox faq, you'll want the section for the pre-90 MK2 golf.  that should help you sort out whats what! the trigger wire for the relay is the red/black wire to the coil, all the other wiring is internal to the fusebox :)

I did see your post, not nice :grin:  once you get stuck in you'll be ok, gotta remember there may be random wires off to microwave sensors up on the top of the pillars, there will be wires to the door/boot light switches, wires to the siren and bonnet pop button etc. might seem impossible but as you say, work carefully and you'll get there!
cheers mate, dont talk to me about sensors and random wires! this things got 4 sirens, adjustable volumetric sensors inside and out, glass tamper and feck knows what else with four brains in total! so theft proof even i cant get in it lol!