Author Topic: First mod and the car doesn't arrive until August  (Read 4788 times)

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
I ordered my Mk6 last week with the standard 17" wheels, as I really don't like the design of the 18". However, I came across a nice set of 18" Interlagos on the German eBay and thought they might look nice, so I bought them. So...

For sale: 1 set of brand new (probably not even manufactured yet!) 17" Denver wheels & tyres from a MkVI Golf GTI. Available as soon as the car is delivered (early August) :)

What I ordered:

New wheels:

« Last Edit: 25 May 2009, 08:54 by FroGTI »

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
Re: First mod and the car doesn't arrive until August
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2009, 13:24 »
Good choice on the swap!! :wink:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2009, 14:49 »

Thanks. I suppose they're a bit like your wheels :)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2009, 18:21 »
Do the french get different standard wheels on their mk6 GTI's ? They aint the standard wheels on the picture at the top. they look like standard mk5 wheels to me. ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2009, 20:45 »
The pic at the top shows the standard 17" wheels; the 18" wheels you see in 99% of the pix of the new GTI are options on all markets.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2009, 21:26 »
The pic at the top shows the standard 17" wheels; the 18" wheels you see in 99% of the pix of the new GTI are options on all markets.

Ahh so the 17's are Monza (i.e. mk5/mk6) and its the 18's that are the Monza with the black inserts inside the 'horseshoe' holes. If I remember rightly they are called shadows.

I thought the 17" were the same, my mistake.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2009, 07:33 »

Ahh so the 17's are Monza (i.e. mk5/mk6) and its the 18's that are the Monza with the black inserts inside the 'horseshoe' holes. If I remember rightly they are called shadows.

I thought the 17" were the same, my mistake.

Correct, except I believe the 17" are called Denvers, at least in France. I really don't like the 18" horseshoe design at all: the black shadows just make them look as if they're caked in brake dust and the tyres don't seem to fit somehow, as if they're the wrong size. Just my personal opinion :)

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2009, 08:59 »

Thanks. I suppose they're a bit like your wheels :)

Only mine are on the best gti  :lipsrsealed:   :wink:

Lol Im only jealous of all (future) mk6 owners  :grin:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2009, 20:33 »
Well, the first 80kg of my GTI were delivered at lunchtime. If only  had a car to put them on...

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2009, 22:12 »
You might have better luck with this advert if you post it in the classifieds section, more people will see it then  :smiley: