Author Topic: MK1 cabby steering wheel.  (Read 814 times)

Offline justin

• Not said much yet
MK1 cabby steering wheel.
« on: 07 August 2004, 10:37 »
I'm looking to replace my non standard steering wheel on my mk1 91 sportline cabby with a original vw one. Which steering wheels fit? Does a mk2 gti wheel fit? Or does it have to be from a mk1?

Cheers

Offline 8valvesgood

• GTI forum regular
Re:MK1 cabby steering wheel.
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2004, 12:30 »
I had a non standard steering wheel MOMO proper tosh.

Your sportline should have come with a MK2 GTI four spoke steering wheel, have a look at my photos of the interior of my cab that steering wheel is the one you should have. You can pick up a standard plastic steering wheel off any MK2 golf it will fit, or you can hold out on ebay for the leather trimmed one, that is what your sportline would have came with and its a whole lot nicer, these still go for around ?60 second hand the leather ones, you may need to retrim the leather as these steering wheels are 10 years old and the leather varies on them.

You can also fit the G60 style steering wheel which is similar in shape except the two forks at the bottom are straight edges, it denotes a car has a power steering apparantly.

you will have fun removing the boss if its been on a while, you can make or borrow an extracting too.

MK1 early steering wheels wont fit, your car will take MK2 steering wheels.

long winded but is that any help?

You can't polish a turd

Offline 8valvesgood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2004, 12:32 »
corrado VR6 three spoke leather steering wheels are nice too they fit find them quite common on ebay.
You can't polish a turd

Offline justin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2004, 20:44 »
Cheers for the help guys, i'm off to look on ebay!!