Author Topic: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed  (Read 3984 times)

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« on: 10 May 2009, 20:02 »
I have got a 95 plate (N Reg) Mk3 and am new to the vdub seen. I have been looking at a few exhausts listed below

Mongoose

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300297548758

Jetex

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130281170562

Powerflow

http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/

These have been recommended to me my some mates.

I am looking for a nice sound but not too loud. I am also on a budget as I need to get my suspension dropped by 40mm and get some rims.

Any recommendations or does anyone have a system or back box to sell?

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2009, 20:04 »
Back box will change your noise but not give you anymore performance.

Cat back system will give you less restriction. But that comes at the price of money, and noise.

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2009, 20:06 »
What exhaust do you have mate?  :smiley:

Offline mumbles

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,157
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2009, 20:06 »
I've got a magnex system. looks the bees knees and isn't loud but gives a nice sound.
Wouldn't be fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?

Audi A4 Sport

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2009, 20:09 »
Nice "Mumbles" its that a cat back or backbox? Do you have pics?

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2009, 20:11 »
I have a straight through powerflow custom one.

Benifits are:

Its custom made so it goes high over the axel, lowered it 100mm and it didnt bang.
Lifetime garantee, they will always fix it for free if it leaks etc
Good workmanship at the dealer i used (ipswich)
Sounds amazing
Unlocks restriction, possible BHP increase, and will help with future mods

Bad points:

Drones at 70mph due to their being no middle box's and silencers
Cost £350!
Has a hole where i parked it onto a curb and i cba to go get it fixed for FREE.

Hope that helps. I also had a sports cat fitted for and extra £200. Would recomend a Manifold too.

Worst part is, it will all be up for sale soon as i need a bigger bore for the VR engine to go in!
« Last Edit: 10 May 2009, 20:14 by Mikester »

Offline mumbles

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,157
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2009, 20:15 »
Nice "Mumbles" its that a cat back or backbox? Do you have pics?

just backbox at the moment. will try and get pics up sometime, got none just now. its double round tips which I think looks much nicer than square or oval.
Wouldn't be fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?

Audi A4 Sport

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2009, 20:16 »
I have a straight through powerflow custom one.

Benifits are:

Its custom made so it goes high over the axel, lowered it 100mm and it didnt bang.
Lifetime garantee, they will always fix it for free if it leaks etc
Good workmanship at the dealer i used (ipswich)
Sounds amazing

Bad points:

Drones at 70mph due to their being no middle box's and silencers
Cost £300
Has a hole where i parked it onto a curb and i cba to go get it fixed for FREE.

Hope that helps.

I got quoted £180 + Vat for a full system with twin 3inch oval pipes at the Croydon Branch in Surrey!

Offline funkyfive

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2009, 20:17 »
Nice "Mumbles" its that a cat back or backbox? Do you have pics?

just backbox at the moment. will try and get pics up sometime, got none just now. its double round tips which I think looks much nicer than square or oval.

Has Magnex gone bust? Don't mind spending the dollar but not sure if u get the lifetime warrenty. Will email Demon Tweeks to find out!

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Performance Exhaust Recommendation Needed
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2009, 20:20 »
I have a straight through powerflow custom one.

Benifits are:

Its custom made so it goes high over the axel, lowered it 100mm and it didnt bang.
Lifetime garantee, they will always fix it for free if it leaks etc
Good workmanship at the dealer i used (ipswich)
Sounds amazing

Bad points:

Drones at 70mph due to their being no middle box's and silencers
Cost £300
Has a hole where i parked it onto a curb and i cba to go get it fixed for FREE.

Hope that helps.

I got quoted £180 + Vat for a full system with twin 3inch oval pipes at the Croydon Branch in Surrey!

What bore size is it though? And what grade of steel are they using?

Sounds like a cheap job to me, and probably be rushed and made to a poor standard.

Wouldnt do it, £300-£400 is a going price for a GOOD custom exhaust.