Author Topic: De-wipering tailgate - what size of the cap do I need?  (Read 986 times)

Offline 6sr

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 130
Decided to do without a rear wiper, just wondered what size of gromet I'd need to get (before I take the wiper off)

thanks!

 :smiley:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: De-wipering tailgate - what size of the cap do I need?
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2009, 21:04 »
Halfords do a assorted pack of grommets and one of those is spot on, don't forget to pull the washer tube off under the bonnet.

Offline VR6-Joe

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,638
Re: De-wipering tailgate - what size of the cap do I need?
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2009, 22:17 »
1" (25mm)

Got one sitting here next to me, brand new still in the packet it came in, cost me 59p from Wilco :smiley:
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline 6sr

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 130
Re: De-wipering tailgate - what size of the cap do I need?
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2009, 13:00 »
Cheers!

I'll get one later then I'll take the wiper off.