Poll

AM getting a lot of offers on my US parts, should I...

Sell the tailgate and bumpers and go Euro-look
0 (0%)
Spend more money and slam it
9 (60%)
Break the car and buy a Passat
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?  (Read 3404 times)

Offline uta_flyinghigh

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 179
  • Fly to live, live to fly
What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« on: 28 April 2009, 08:27 »
So it appears I've been receiving a lot of offers for my US tailgate and bumpers.
As the car's 15 years old with 121k miles it's tempting to sell and start a new project.
Thoughts ?

Offline robz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,835
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2009, 09:33 »
have ya got any pics of it??
may help the poll...
and ive never seen the us spec bumpers... lol ;)


Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline don_231

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 196
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2009, 09:41 »
id be interested in the boot and bumpers, but i know for a fact there will be some idiot willing to pay 3 times as much for them...

Offline uta_flyinghigh

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 179
  • Fly to live, live to fly
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2009, 09:56 »
Recent pics :







UTA

Offline Guy

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,116
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2009, 10:00 »
don't think I have ever seen a brown dash in a mk3 before? i likes  :smiley:

btw... if you are breaking it then first dibs on that centre console cupholder pls!!   :wink:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2009, 11:09 »
I would keep it, something different.

If however you do break it I would list the tailgate on ed38 they go mad for them on there.

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2009, 11:12 »
How much for the whole car?

Offline VR6-Joe

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,638
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2009, 12:44 »
Keep it as it is, seriously.

My Highline came with a Fischer CD holder, easily available off ebay, but I know they're quite rare so I refuse to sell mine. So many people get annoyed when I tell them it's not for sale
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2009, 12:54 »
If you do decide to sell I'll have a few bits off you as I have the same interior just it's a RHD model :P

kells

  • Guest
Re: What to do with my US-spec Mk III ?
« Reply #9 on: 28 April 2009, 13:01 »
break it

put the bumpers and tailgate on ed38, the scene tax will earn you good money

Guy the drinks holders are avaliable online for about 10 quid plus the same delivery from the states but they are for left hand drive cars so dont fit perfect in a RHD console