Author Topic: Just bought my 1st VR6  (Read 6197 times)

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Just bought my 1st VR6
« Reply #20 on: 20 April 2009, 14:08 »
BMW do a range of 5 x 120 17" steels, just need a set of adaptors to reduce down to 5 x 100, £147 a pair !  :sad: :sad:

Could pick some up 2nd hand if you keep an eye on the forums. I know people runing bmw wheels on mk4 ani's

Offline Richard Andrews

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: Just bought my 1st VR6
« Reply #21 on: 20 April 2009, 14:17 »
BMW and AUDI only do 16" max, Merc use space savers....Even if I could find a 17" I would be looking at least £200 for a set plus £300 for adaptors - £500 or find a 17" with the same stud pattern which is proving to be difficult.

or I can just buy a brand new set of beetle 16" for £224...
1996 3d VR6 BLACK HIGHLINE.

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Just bought my 1st VR6
« Reply #22 on: 20 April 2009, 14:59 »
I would go with the beetles, as you will find a 16inch rim nicer on a mk3 than a 17, can go lower, with no rubbing.

Offline Richard Andrews

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: Just bought my 1st VR6
« Reply #23 on: 20 April 2009, 15:01 »
Yeah gonna do that.

4 x £224 from VW. They are 6.5J so I assume the widest tyre without banding would be a 205? Should I get slightly narrow though so they stretch inside the arches as gonna lower her at the weekend with a set of Hotuning coilovers.

If so how narrow a tyre?
1996 3d VR6 BLACK HIGHLINE.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Just bought my 1st VR6
« Reply #24 on: 20 April 2009, 15:07 »
Yeah gonna do that.

4 x £224 from VW. They are 6.5J so I assume the widest tyre without banding would be a 205? Should I get slightly narrow though so they stretch inside the arches as gonna lower her at the weekend with a set of Hotuning coilovers.

If so how narrow a tyre?

Correct tyre size for 16" on a mk3 is 215/40/16, 205/45/16 or 195/45/16, I would pick 195's and then you have got a lot more room in the arch.

Offline Richard Andrews

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: Just bought my 1st VR6
« Reply #25 on: 20 April 2009, 15:10 »
Cheers dude. What about 195/40/16?
1996 3d VR6 BLACK HIGHLINE.

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Just bought my 1st VR6
« Reply #26 on: 20 April 2009, 15:12 »
Could do. Depends on brands available in the sizes. would look slick.

Offline Richard Andrews

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: Just bought my 1st VR6
« Reply #27 on: 20 April 2009, 15:23 »
So apart from the wheels and suspension was thinking:

Hotuning decat pip
Hotuning Manifol
BMC CDA Induction Kit

But not sure about back box? That REAMUS one on youtube sounds mental?

Euro Performance sell a few different brands, any suggestions?
1996 3d VR6 BLACK HIGHLINE.

Offline Mikester

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,427
  • Civic Type R
Re: Just bought my 1st VR6
« Reply #28 on: 20 April 2009, 15:29 »
I am going to fit a Hotuning 6 branch manifold, but you must be careful, as they are from germany so you dont want a left hand drive one.

As for decat pipe, the come with a bore size of halfway house between an 8v and a vr6 exhaust, so it needs adapters either end to fit to the vr6 manifold and exhaust, even though it says its for a VR! (annoying i know)

I would recomend getting a full custom cat back if you are doing the mani and decat, as this will allow you to go lower and also mean that you wont be restricting the power you have unlocked.

As for back box..... up to you! lol

I made the mistake of a straight through custom from powerflow, no silencers. Way to loud, got annoying.

Offline Richard Andrews

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: Just bought my 1st VR6
« Reply #29 on: 20 April 2009, 15:34 »
Hi do you mean get a custom made decat pip rather than buy the hottuning one?
1996 3d VR6 BLACK HIGHLINE.