Author Topic: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v  (Read 1716 times)

Offline boneybradley

  • Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,482
  • Back in a Mk3...
Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
« on: 13 April 2009, 14:05 »
Well I thought I knew all about mk3's but I have an issue I can't work out... basically if I drive normally my car is 100% but if I use some revs and drive fast she starts to miss when i ease off and only clears if I pres the pedal hard again. It feels like its over fuelling and wants to cut out but it will idle perfectly and when it clears all the power comes back until I ease off again and the miss comes back!! then after a few miles it goes!
I have replaced the temp sensor and cleaned the throttle body along with a good service and it's no different! I know she has a vacumm leak (and parts have being bought as a pipe is split!) but would this affect it?
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)



Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline golf newbie

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 289
Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2009, 14:18 »
I had the same kind of same problem.

turned out to be no2 ht lead

Offline davero

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 710
Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2009, 11:33 »
Vacuum leak could definately cause those symptoms

Offline Len

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,292
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2009, 13:06 »
I concur.




vacuum leak
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline boneybradley

  • Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,482
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2009, 17:39 »
well thats good as there's a split breather.....just need to fix it now (or do I?) :laugh:
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)



Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Adam

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,194
Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2009, 17:57 »
Gaffa tape for the time being?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline lukesGTI

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 28
Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2009, 12:27 »
Have you sorted out your misfire yet Boney, im stumped i have the same problem?

Offline euro-gti

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 36
Re: Misfire after a caning! mk3 8v
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2009, 01:18 »
no i have not solved it yet but i am buy a brand new maf sensor thing tommorow as i have changed everything else possible il let you know if it works hope it does have a job on monday