Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 290357 times)

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3370 on: 13 May 2012, 05:04 »
McLaren are a disgrace... Another frigging cock up regarding the fuel level in Lewis's car for Q3.

A back of he grid penalty seems very harsh. He was in a class of his own throughout qualifying. I would have thought a 10 place penalty would have been fair and sufficient. Another one of Bernie's special rules? Do you think Vettel or Alono would have got he same penalty or am I being too cynical?

With Lewis's contract up at the end of the year I can't see him putting up with this much longer. Ferrari with Alonso could be a possibilty next year IMO. He seems quite pally with Alonso again so maybe they have burried the hatchet.

Good luck today Lewis for the race. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do from he back, although a win looks like its impossible.

Tip for the next race though Lewis...... Try changing your own tyres and refuelling your car!
« Last Edit: 13 May 2012, 05:08 by MAW73 »

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

jockgti

« Reply #3371 on: 13 May 2012, 07:17 »
get rid of sam michael he left williams now there coming good and mclaren getting worse,would like to see hamilton in schumi's seat next year

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3372 on: 13 May 2012, 08:03 »
McLaren are a disgrace... Another frigging cock up regarding the fuel level in Lewis's car for Q3.

A back of he grid penalty seems very harsh. He was in a class of his own throughout qualifying. I would have thought a 10 place penalty would have been fair and sufficient. Another one of Bernie's special rules? Do you think Vettel or Alono would have got he same penalty or am I being too cynical?

With Lewis's contract up at the end of the year I can't see him putting up with this much longer. Ferrari with Alonso could be a possibilty next year IMO. He seems quite pally with Alonso again so maybe they have burried the hatchet.

Good luck today Lewis for the race. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do from he back, although a win looks like its impossible.

Tip for the next race though Lewis...... Try changing your own tyres and refuelling your car!

:laugh:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3373 on: 13 May 2012, 10:18 »
Apparently a McLaren team member quit last night after a heated argument with Martin Whitmarsh. So that is 4 members now left in two weeks.

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
« Reply #3374 on: 13 May 2012, 11:06 »
i have shamelessly stolen comments off here and posted them on Mclaren's facebook page! feel free to go on there and comment!

"What the hell's going on? Can we have an answer please, surely Mclaren must realise that to the British you mean the same to us as Ferrari do to the Italians, i can't be the only one who is asking this question, i would like to hear from Ron Dennis to hear his thoughts, because it seems to me that ever since Hungary 2011 there have been monumental cock up's from the team, not the drivers, poor strategy, poor pit stops and poor maths, could it be Sam Michael at fault here? Ever since he left Williams they have been on the up! Now he's with Mclaren it's going royaly pear shaped, now i hear that yet another team member has resigned after heated arguments with martin! I don't mean to sound rude/aggressive/unreasonable , but I have been a faithful supporter of the team since i was a toddler, please don't let it all go pear shaped when the car is so good!"

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #3375 on: 13 May 2012, 11:40 »
You say someone from the pit team has quit at mclaren?

I hope they have called Disney and asked for this guy, he was really good in cars:

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3376 on: 13 May 2012, 11:47 »
I really cannot see Lewis at Ferrari. They haven't been competitive enough the last couple of season! Hami will go to a team with a car that can win races. Recently, yesterday, they/Alsonso have upped their game but for how long?

jockgti

« Reply #3377 on: 13 May 2012, 12:39 »
i think its more alonso driving the wheels off it rather than the car getting that much better,don't think any team boss will have hamilton and alonso in the same team again.alonso/perez,hami/rosberg and button/di resta for next year

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3378 on: 13 May 2012, 12:49 »
i think its more alonso driving the wheels off it rather than the car getting that much better,don't think any team boss will have hamilton and alonso in the same team again.alonso/perez,hami/rosberg and button/di resta for next year

You think Mclaren are going to hire Di resta  :rolleyes:  :wink:

jockgti

« Reply #3379 on: 13 May 2012, 12:57 »
i would,both have similar driving styles