Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 289990 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3130 on: 19 March 2012, 12:34 »
Will be interesting to see figures for the European races.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3131 on: 19 March 2012, 13:39 »
BBC are doing well.

Sold off the Grand National and The Derby horse races today to Channel 4. I am not a big horse racing fan, but the way BBC are going, there will be no live sport on the BBC.

Is fine though, the £25 million talent show , The Voice starts soon. Half a million of our licence money is going on Will.I.Am salary for that show too.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3132 on: 19 March 2012, 18:05 »
Just a quick update on the ratings.

With the Sky and BBC viewing peak viewing figures combined for the race coming in at 4.30 million, this is actually the 2nd lowest peak viewing figures at a Australian Grand Prix since 1995.

Not good at all. A sign of things to come maybe?

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3133 on: 19 March 2012, 18:52 »
Wow, really? I thought 2012 was very much anticipated? I know a lot of people are using satellites to take FTA feed from Germany, RTL, and then use BBC radio 5 live commentary for commentary. I guess a fair amount of people might have seen it via that or other methods that don't include Sky or BBC (or internet Sky feeds).

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3134 on: 19 March 2012, 19:19 »
Wow, really? I thought 2012 was very much anticipated? I know a lot of people are using satellites to take FTA feed from Germany, RTL, and then use BBC radio 5 live commentary for commentary. I guess a fair amount of people might have seen it via that or other methods that don't include Sky or BBC (or internet Sky feeds).

With 6 world champions, very close mid field cars and a very good chance of a Brit winning the world title, it could be a vintage F1 season, so the figures are not good. Like you said though, I also know some people using RTL and R5 to watch it.

If you put the BBC figures in isolation so compare the race figures,  2.73m (2011) with 2.85m (2012) and qualifying , 2.06m (2011) and 2.02m (2012), then they will be pleased. If you put the Sky figures in isolation so compare 617k with their own estimates and other sports figures, then they will be pleased.

But if you bring them together, and compare the peak viewing figures with previous years, then the figures are down by 24%, which is disappointing. The two broadcasters' will probably be pleased, but the combined figures are not pleasing.

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #3135 on: 19 March 2012, 19:25 »
So are the sky figures just the live figures yeah? Im guessing it doesnt count people sky+'ing it like i did.

I would bet alot of people recorded it and watched at a better time.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3136 on: 19 March 2012, 20:44 »
So are the sky figures just the live figures yeah? Im guessing it doesnt count people sky+'ing it like i did.

I would bet alot of people recorded it and watched at a better time.

Indeed. I know a fair few people who did this. But as I said the BBC coverage was more than adequate, I mean the laps where nothing happens I normally go make a cupa, so it is not so bad just catching all the action!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3137 on: 23 March 2012, 23:01 »
just seen a first... Martin Brundle interviewing a driver, Charles Pic, while he was in his cockpit with his helmet on waiting to go out... needless to say the microphone/helmet interface didn't go according to plan... he couldn't hear Martin and we couldn't hear him!!  :laugh:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3138 on: 23 March 2012, 23:50 »
I just saw that fit bird on sky interviewing Martin Whitmarsh...I was angry, she was constantly looking away while Ted Kravitz was stood next to her eagerly awaiting every answer and looking very interested, a massive contrast to her perceived mood.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3139 on: 24 March 2012, 00:12 »
I just saw that fit bird on sky interviewing Martin Whitmarsh...I was angry, she was constantly looking away while Ted Kravitz was stood next to her eagerly awaiting every answer and looking very interested, a massive contrast to her perceived mood.

Ted Kravitz... he's the stuttery one isn't he... and she is the pretty one who's knowledge isn't a patch on Lee McKenzie's (who also has a much better relationship with the drivers and team managers)... these Sky presenters aren't very good imo... but at least its live and in HD and we get to watch practice 1 and 2, quali an the live race  :evil: