Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288469 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2810 on: 30 October 2011, 20:02 »
Two big DRS zones, wide entries, and he tries an overtake in a place where only 1 car fits through the racing line. He just doesn't think them sometimes.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #2811 on: 30 October 2011, 20:04 »
The footage actually backs up LH's story.  He was actually almost completely along side then thought "Massa is going to close me down".  He braked to move in behind and Massa turned and swiped into him.  Before LH braked he was far enough along side Massa for him to be seen.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #2812 on: 30 October 2011, 20:18 »
The footage also shows Massa looking 4 times and a final time actually looking across and seeing him there.

It was more of a racing incident than anything else, it's the fact it involved those two that has everyone talking about it.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2813 on: 30 October 2011, 21:04 »
Glad I did my ironing while SV was running off with the win! How does he get 4 seconds ahead after 4 laps? How much faster is that car than ferrari or mclaren?

Ridiculoussssssssss

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2814 on: 12 November 2011, 18:57 »
Some new information regarding F1 on sky next year.

Simon Lazenby who always presents Rugby on Sky , was not presenting this weekend, despite being a huge weekend of live Rugby on Sky..instead he is in Adu Dhabi. So earlier reports of him being the main presenter of the coverage next year look true. Also Gerogie Thompson has been seen in Adu Dhabi with other members of Sky's Production team.

As for the commentating team, David Croft looks very likely to be the main commenter , with Brundle stepping down as main lead , to once again being number 2.

Also, this is coming from a poster over on the British Speedway Forum, who works inside Sky and so far has been spot on with information.
He says, due to a lot of events on Sky Sports next year and with them covering all practice sessions, qualifying and the race itself, there would be a good chance on a number of weeks, F1 could over run , causing problems with over events showing live.

So what Sky are currently discussing is weather to setup a new channel called Sky Motors, which at first would be free..but of course, you guessed yet, would then cost around £10 a month. This where it get's even better. It would be completely separate from Sky Sports, so if you have Sky and already have Sky Sports, you would still pay for that and have to fork out extra to watch F1 on Sky.   
He does state though, this is at a early stage and may or may not happen.

This though sums up everything I hate about Sky. Money money money. If this does happen, it will kill F1 in this country IMO.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #2815 on: 12 November 2011, 19:10 »
I already pay for sky which currently has soo many repeats and channels I dont watch. In addition to which, Sky Sports 1 +2 + ESPN. I only ever watch when a match is on...  :undecided:

Such a waste of money... from now on I may as watch all the matches online, and this way I even get the Saturday afternoon 3pm kick offs.  :evil:

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #2816 on: 12 November 2011, 20:47 »
imho peeps who pay for sky are the mugs, all you pay for is x amount of channels of sh1te, there are so many other forms of entertainment that do not cost the exorbitant amounts sky charge, why on earth do you pay? is seeing the premiership live that important? or the the films or series when they are eventually gonna come out on freeview anyway?
i really do not get why you feel you have to pay over and above the tv licensing fee to be entertained by your tv  :rolleyes:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2817 on: 12 November 2011, 20:54 »
Not a bad quali IMO. DC and MB are so right though, talking about why everyone is packed tight up at the front of Q1 and stuck in bad air when SV just goes out 30seconds later and still gets all of his laps he wants in. He has just played Mr Sensible this season I reckon.

As for DC talking about him saving the odd bit of drive in his tank for the last lap of quali and still be just as fast as everyone else! If he can do that then he deserves to be world champion!

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #2818 on: 12 November 2011, 21:07 »
imho peeps who pay for sky are the mugs, all you pay for is x amount of channels of sh1te, there are so many other forms of entertainment that do not cost the exorbitant amounts sky charge, why on earth do you pay? is seeing the premiership live that important? or the the films or series when they are eventually gonna come out on freeview anyway?
i really do not get why you feel you have to pay over and above the tv licensing fee to be entertained by your tv  :rolleyes:

yes football is very important. If you dont understand that then you probably never will.  :undecided:

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2819 on: 12 November 2011, 21:42 »
I gave up Sky 3 years ago. Saved me over £400 a year.

I still manage to watch any game I like though in near HD Quality for £20 a year through a very good streaming website :D