Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 290325 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2330 on: 30 May 2011, 01:15 »
just watched this as I had recorded it... really pissed off about that incident 10 laps before the end.. was going to be an epic end to the race  :angry:
You watched Lewis' interview on iplayer? funny as fook! :grin:

just watched it... ooops Lewis throwing his toys out of his pram  :grin:

at least Button is just getting on with it... liking him more and more  :smiley:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2331 on: 30 May 2011, 07:04 »
i do feel a bit sorry for Lewis though, I think hes right about getting on with it and trying to provide interesting driving...I don't think I could ever say whether he dived down and Massa closed the door on him.. I suppose they are split second decisions you make as a driver..

Jenson was on for a win too, I feel totally gutted for the man.. Some of the rules under red flag definitely need rethinking..
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #2332 on: 30 May 2011, 11:36 »
Lewis was clearly not in the right frame of mind when he was interview. Shame he has said what he said as he is clearly frustrated and Im on his side. He makes moves which imo are fine and other drives just shut the door on him when they have no right to and he gets penalised.

Agree with the above post, Seb should never have been allowed to change his tyres, I dont think they should be allowed to touch the cars during a red flag "rest" (that includes fixing Lewis rear wing if anyone thinks Im biased). 

Dare I say it but looks like Seb has this season all wrapped up :(

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #2333 on: 30 May 2011, 11:47 »
lets see the effect of the blown diffusers being banned first!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2334 on: 30 May 2011, 11:51 »
+1 hopefully it'll make the rest of the season a bit more interesting but probably not. :sad:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #2335 on: 30 May 2011, 12:39 »
just watched this as I had recorded it... really pissed off about that incident 10 laps before the end.. was going to be an epic end to the race  :angry:
You watched Lewis' interview on iplayer? funny as fook! :grin:

just watched it... ooops Lewis throwing his toys out of his pram  :grin:

crucially, you missed out the word - "again".
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #2336 on: 30 May 2011, 14:58 »
Watched the full race this morning. Was really good up till the red flag. I don't think they should allow work on the cars in those conditions, it ruined the race. That said Vettle drove well and luck was on his side.

Hamilton had a shocker and needs to bit his lip in post race interviews. Sadly gone are the days when you had a bad day and you could go and kick the crap out of your camper van and head home. These days you have to be wheeled out in front of the press regardless to keep your sponsors happy. Anyone remember Senna crashing out, walking back to his apartment and not being seen for days?

Nick

Offline fozziie

• Here all the time
  • psn: fozziie
« Reply #2337 on: 30 May 2011, 19:24 »
just listened to that dicks interview...did he really just accuse all the over drivers of being stupid? this coming from a driver who didnt see a big red ferrari stopped in front of him at the end of the pit lane the other year and subsequently drove into it??? seriously?

Poor Lewser Ramilton....heres the worlds tiniest violin playing a song just for you

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #2338 on: 30 May 2011, 19:39 »
I like him but I am finding him to be a right mardy arse, Im supporting Button more and more lately.

That said, he is making it interesting, I like his driving style more than Buttons.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #2339 on: 30 May 2011, 23:34 »
Some photos from my trip to Monaco this weekend:

LOADS of GTDs out there  :huh: