Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 290242 times)

adamrob69

Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1720 on: 24 October 2010, 19:11 »
How bad was legards commentary. Its almost embarrassing. go on the bbc f1 website and watch the short highlights. everything he says is wrong!

Anyway very interesting race. Alonso doesn't have any more engines left so i wonder if he will take a hit and replace it now his in a good position rather then risking a DNF.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1721 on: 24 October 2010, 19:28 »
Cracking race, was even worth getting up for and then waiting for the start.

Monobrow might well do it, but I think Lewis might well have the bit right between his teeth now. Not sure which teams suit the last 2 circuits.

Nick

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #1722 on: 24 October 2010, 19:30 »
caught the race 22 laps in
i am rooting for webber to win it was pretty good race plenty of crashes
button did was no good schumi had a decent finish but a few big names were out of it

alonso seems more aggresive he might take the championship

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1723 on: 24 October 2010, 21:22 »
1. Sky player fail, BBC swap over pi$$ed me off. iPlayer it was.

2. Webber surely he could have turned the OTHER way rather than back on track. I think his intention was to take out someone, preferably Alonso. Fail!

3. Vettel, good pace, but Alonso was quicker and going to catch up sooner or later. Unlucky for him though, I think he's lost the championship, along with Webber.

4. Hamilton needs to stop shredding his tyres so quickly, he's too aggressive when pushing.

5. Alonso will win the championship. As Brundle said he's the feared one in this era of F1. For all those saying he's a rubbish driver and blah blah, just look at the standings. Under pressure makes no error and keeps his cool, which is something Hamilton has failed to show, Monza and Singapore are classic examples of being greedy for position. He's also in an inferior car to both Red Bull and McLaren. It's 2007 all over again, which is what lost Hamilton his first title, consistency.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1724 on: 24 October 2010, 21:30 »
1. Sky player fail, BBC swap over pi$$ed me off. iPlayer it was.

2. Webber surely he could have turned the OTHER way rather than back on track. I think his intention was to take out someone, preferably Alonso. Fail!

3. Vettel, good pace, but Alonso was quicker and going to catch up sooner or later. Unlucky for him though, I think he's lost the championship, along with Webber.

4. Hamilton needs to stop shredding his tyres so quickly, he's too aggressive when pushing.

5. Alonso will win the championship. As Brundle said he's the feared one in this era of F1. For all those saying he's a rubbish driver and blah blah, just look at the standings. Under pressure makes no error and keeps his cool, which is something Hamilton has failed to show, Monza and Singapore are classic examples of being greedy for position. He's also in an inferior car to both Red Bull and McLaren. It's 2007 all over again, which is what lost Hamilton his first title, consistency.

+1 however much I dislike the whinging tw@t my money is now on him for the title. The last few laps I was convinced that Lewis was going to bin the car, whereas Alonso looked consistantly quick and in control for most of the race.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1725 on: 24 October 2010, 21:36 »
Alonso pulled about 13 seconds off Lewis with about 4 laps to go didn't he?

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #1726 on: 24 October 2010, 21:39 »
Nobody says that Alonso is a bad or rubbish or crap driver. He is one of the most talented and best drivers out there. But that does not give him a free license to whinge and moan the way he does. He is a brilliant driver and he will be champion again sometime. But his bickering both off and on the track will not get him there sooner. In fact it could hinder his bid. He does not need to have everything his way anyway. He is good enough to get to the top without doing all that crap.
If he just shut up and got on with it, he would be more respected.

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1727 on: 24 October 2010, 22:28 »
Alonso pulled about 13 seconds off Lewis with about 4 laps to go didn't he?

To be fair that was down to Lewis not preserving his tyres, Alonso does have the better car also.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline xkaty_h

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1728 on: 24 October 2010, 22:35 »
Nobody says that Alonso is a bad or rubbish or crap driver. He is one of the most talented and best drivers out there. But that does not give him a free license to whinge and moan the way he does. He is a brilliant driver and he will be champion again sometime. But his bickering both off and on the track will not get him there sooner. In fact it could hinder his bid. He does not need to have everything his way anyway. He is good enough to get to the top without doing all that crap.
If he just shut up and got on with it, he would be more respected.

+1
He comes across as a right douche and the fact that Ferrari can do no wrong is a wee bit irritating.

Hamilton could still take it if he pulls it out of the bag.

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1729 on: 24 October 2010, 22:38 »
My money is on Hamilton.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS