Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288514 times)

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1510 on: 10 September 2010, 15:07 »
Oops - spoke too soon. Vettel sets fastest pace, ahead of Alonso, Massa, Hamilton & Button.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1511 on: 10 September 2010, 19:18 »
If the outcome of a race can be dictated by a radio message then the sport has gone out of the sport. What is the use of racing if you know you cant win? The team should be happy that their cars are gaining the maximim points. Its up to the drivers to get to the finishing line first.

The thing is f1 is a team and individual sport at the same time. Unfortunately the teams pay the drivers and the constructors championship will always be their no1 target. Fans on the other hand are more inerested in the drivers championship, which is why so much has been made of ferraris team orders

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1512 on: 11 September 2010, 04:03 »
If the outcome of a race can be dictated by a radio message then the sport has gone out of the sport. What is the use of racing if you know you cant win? The team should be happy that their cars are gaining the maximim points. Its up to the drivers to get to the finishing line first.

The thing is f1 is a team and individual sport at the same time. Unfortunately the teams pay the drivers and the constructors championship will always be their no1 target. Fans on the other hand are more inerested in the drivers championship, which is why so much has been made of ferraris team orders

It's not like it's something that only just started happening in the last few years either is it. Obviously the team orders rule came about after ferrari (again   :rolleyes:  ) in 2002 but they'd been around for years before.

As for betting , it's only the same as putting money on a footballer to score in a match then him being subbed for the good of the team surely?

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1513 on: 13 September 2010, 00:23 »
uneventful. almost as bad as some new tracks and monaco.

can't really even slag alonso off today but i'll give it a go . errr ... he only won cos he damaged buttons diffuser at the start.  :undecided:
 :grin:

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #1514 on: 13 September 2010, 00:30 »
uneventful. almost as bad as some new tracks and monaco.

can't really even slag alonso off today but i'll give it a go . errr ... he only won cos he damaged buttons diffuser at the start.  :undecided:
 :grin:
:grin: :grin: suprised he never got on the radio to say jenson braked on purpose so he had to hit him **cue the stewards**  :rolleyes: leasy it stopped him crying anyway the lucky tw@t
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1515 on: 13 September 2010, 00:48 »
i don't like him being in the top 3 cos his eyebrows are too distracting , they are so thick and lustrous, like a  puerto ricans moustache.

hispania fcuked up.

WARNING - bit nasty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9I7FE2XP3I

Offline VR6Lee

• Not said much yet
  • Women love duct tape
Round 14 Italian GP
« Reply #1516 on: 13 September 2010, 00:54 »

hispania fcuked up.

WARNING - bit nasty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9I7FE2XP3I

HRT mechanic  :shocked: I wont complain like a hairy clam about the link thou  :grin:
Seriously though, questions have to be asked of the lollipop man there.

Today was a formula 1 fan's race and not one for the casuals.

Alonso v Button
Vettel's strategy
McLaren v Ferrari in the pits
Massa v Alonso for the first lap
Webber v Schumi and then Hulk

Every F1 Fan could see that Alonso was going to leapfrog Button at the pitstops a mile off.
He was clearly so very much faster than Button for most of the race, but couldn't overtake him on track so had to wait until he got clear track to put in the fast laps and manoevre around him at the pit stop.

« Last Edit: 13 September 2010, 01:00 by VR6Lee »

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1517 on: 13 September 2010, 01:32 »
that hrt mechanic wasn't even wearing a helmet.

Offline Komenda

• I live here
« Reply #1518 on: 13 September 2010, 08:34 »

$20k fine + whatever they have to pay the mechanic for an industrial injury. Silly HRT.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Last Edit: 14 September 2010, 07:52 by monkeyalan »