Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 290183 times)

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #770 on: 26 January 2010, 10:31 »
I think the change to the points is a good idea, also like the pole/fast lap idea, could spice things up a little but they still need some regulation in place so they can get right up each others exhausts and actually overtake.
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #771 on: 26 January 2010, 10:34 »
am i the only one who thinks there is an ok level of overtaking in f1? You say get it like the old days, but there wasn't much overtaking then either. It feels like there was because of all the videos on youtube showing nothing but the overtakes!

Offline johnson6672

• I live here
« Reply #772 on: 26 January 2010, 11:01 »
am i the only one who thinks there is an ok level of overtaking in f1? You say get it like the old days, but there wasn't much overtaking then either. It feels like there was because of all the videos on youtube showing nothing but the overtakes!

Theres is plenty, but make it so they can get close and overtake more like in the lower formulas, where they same position could change hands between 2 drivers for a few laps just because they can actually follow each other closer.
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline jettagolf

• Here all the time
  • Mk2 Golf GTI
« Reply #773 on: 26 January 2010, 12:02 »
the nose and the vertical bits at the front of the sidepods are distinctively mclaren on the new merc  :shocked:

thats the old brawn car with the new signage on it according to the bbc sport website

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #774 on: 26 January 2010, 12:24 »
the nose and the vertical bits at the front of the sidepods are distinctively mclaren on the new merc  :shocked:

thats the old brawn car with the new signage on it according to the bbc sport website

Definitley isnt! The nose is not as wide and seems longer, the front wing is revised along with the side air intakes, the wing mirrors are on different wounds and there is a sill down the full side of the car that was'nt on the brawn car. Yes the Chassis could possibly be based on a similar design but to hold a larger fuel take with plenty new airodynamic modifications it definitley isnt the same car lol  :smiley:

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline jimojameso

• Not said much yet
« Reply #775 on: 26 January 2010, 15:18 »
Definately not this years car, trust me. Just to launch new colours. Their car like most of the other teams is no finished yet.

Plus all launch cars are massivly different from what you will see at bahrain for first race  :smiley:

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #776 on: 26 January 2010, 17:30 »
So they never actually ran the car last year, so it is different to the car that was ran? but ye by the picture i see the similarity but ye the actual car at bahrain will be completely different

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #777 on: 29 January 2010, 09:24 »

you can see the bigger fuel tanks influence on the new cars  :shocked:
« Last Edit: 29 January 2010, 09:30 by veedubgti16v »

Offline Komenda

• I live here
« Reply #778 on: 29 January 2010, 09:43 »

See they've basically ripped off the developments of the McLaren and Red Bull, nice one Ferrari.  :grin:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #779 on: 29 January 2010, 09:44 »
Longer wheel base is going to make for some interesting changes to the handling.

nick