Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 288524 times)

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #470 on: 19 October 2009, 07:57 »
Worst world champ ever. Brawn, with their interpretation of the diffuser being fairly unfair got themselves a good lead with the fastest car. As soon as the other teams caught up Button never won a race. The car, the teams borderline cheat in the diffuser scandal got him the championship, certainly wasnt the driver when everything reached an even playing field.

Everyone to their own.
If the teams could not read clearly the rules set out before them in the first place, that is their problem. Jenson did not do as well in the last half of the season, but he did enough in the first half to make it count. And there is no denying that he ran an absolutely superb race yesterday, which really blows your ridiculous comments right out of the water.
Maybe your new face lifted MKV has given your ego a superiority complex and now, everything is beneath you!
« Last Edit: 19 October 2009, 09:52 by DarnPB »

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #471 on: 19 October 2009, 08:03 »
The thing is if you switched his results round to a so so start to the season followed by 6 straight wins people would be saying it was an amazing championship. I think it was well deserved. At the end of the day Rubens could have taken it from him yesterday and at the next race but he didn't deliver and when it really counted Jensen did. He might not have won any races recently but he was consistently in the points and that is how you win a championship.

nick

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #472 on: 19 October 2009, 08:12 »
nice try at fishing kev - but FAIL  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #473 on: 19 October 2009, 08:24 »

:grin: :grin: don't feed the troll!

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #474 on: 19 October 2009, 10:13 »
Also Ross Brawn approached all the other tema principles last year and wanted to clarify the rule regarding the 15cm down the centre line of the car, however no one wanted to discuss it. So the team designed a car to maximise the loophole which it turns out was legal.

Boo hoo other teams, should have taken Ross Brawn's call in the first place eh?

Well deserved champions, both team and driver.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #475 on: 19 October 2009, 10:39 »
Worst world champ ever. Brawn, with their interpretation of the diffuser being fairly unfair got themselves a good lead with the fastest car. As soon as the other teams caught up Button never won a race. The car, the teams borderline cheat in the diffuser scandal got him the championship, certainly wasnt the driver when everything reached an even playing field.

Another upset Vettel fan I guess  :laugh:.

Yes Brawn started the season with the diffuser but lets not forgot 2 other teams did as well.

No, I just like an even playing field. Thats what the F1 was trying to achieve, that is until Brawn got away with their double diffuser which was bordering on blatant cheating. Hadnt you noticed that no other team did this too, they knew about it, but knew that it was just not the right thing to do. Then when they did eventually all change, Button did nothing in the GP. Do you think this is a fair race ? a GTI Vs a GTD ? Thats basically what it was like, didnt you see how fast Brawn cars were compared to the others at the start of the season ? Or I take it you thought that Button was that good a driver and he was that fast ? :grin:

I'm no Vettel fan at all, If anything I like Hamilton as a driver.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #476 on: 19 October 2009, 10:45 »
i think he proved hes a great champion in that race. and if you count his race wins he won more than when hamilton won last year. teams didnt cheat either its interpretation of regulations = very clever people.

anyway what are you doing out the mk5.5 section?  :grin:

I'm lost  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #477 on: 19 October 2009, 10:48 »
Toyota and Williams both had double diffusers from the start of the season...

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #478 on: 19 October 2009, 10:51 »

I'm not, but you cant deny I have some fairly valid points.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #479 on: 19 October 2009, 11:04 »

I'm not, but you cant deny I have some fairly valid points.

yes I can.

I deny that you have some fairly valid points.

see  :smug: