Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 290094 times)

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #230 on: 26 July 2009, 11:39 »
As I'm sure hitting the barrier at 170 didn't help after!

120mph.

Also, the nose cones on these cars are designed to take the full force through the monocoque, Therefore, what would be a massive crash in a touring car for example, is significantly nullified in a F1 car. However, hit a F1 car side on, it's another story.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #231 on: 26 July 2009, 13:43 »
so much for a boring race  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #232 on: 26 July 2009, 16:16 »
are you serious..

hami out in front, a few offs, a few retirements.. quality race i thought.. strategy's working very well too..

a well deserved win..
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #233 on: 26 July 2009, 16:18 »

120mph.

Also, the nose cones on these cars are designed to take the full force through the monocoque, Therefore, what would be a massive crash in a touring car for example, is significantly nullified in a F1 car. However, hit a F1 car side on, it's another story.

your body isnt designed to take that though.. and lets not forget that it was a big g accident as the light came on on top of the car.. and he was hit by a piece of car before this..so regardless of it being a massive crash or not.. because the nose is designed to take it.. its still massive g on the body...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #234 on: 26 July 2009, 16:24 »
he wouldnt have tensed his neck either if he was semi consious so thats gonna make things worse. still all the reports are saying hes gonna be ok, i would ignore that sky sports news

cant believe wayne is moaning about the gp being crap! was an exiting one imo!

Offline ReDBull

• I live here
« Reply #235 on: 26 July 2009, 16:56 »

120mph.

your body isnt designed to take that though.. and lets not forget that it was a big g accident as the light came on on top of the car.. and he was hit by a piece of car before this..so regardless of it being a massive crash or not.. because the nose is designed to take it.. its still massive g on the body...

If you look on youtube the G went off the scale at 5G.
03 210 Seat LCR. Badger5 V2.2TIP, Fordge 007p, Wellycooler, Quaife ATB LSD, Nuespeed ARB's, KW Clubsports, 330mm discs, 3" turbo back de cat and still on the standard map!
My project thread: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=241116.0

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #236 on: 26 July 2009, 19:14 »
Renault banned from the next GP.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77354

Oh well. I am sure the spoilt little brat will be sorely missed..............NOT!

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline Spaced

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #237 on: 26 July 2009, 19:19 »
Renault banned from the next GP.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77354

I think it's right that they are getting a ban, the team should have told Alonso to stop immediately. I can only think the wheel man was to scared to own up.

Loyal owner since 2005, done with remapping, I drive a Golf not a Veyron. (hypocrite)

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #238 on: 26 July 2009, 21:14 »
I thought the wheel man hadn't indicated to say his wheel change was complete.  I would have thought it was the lollipop mans fault.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #239 on: 26 July 2009, 23:06 »

120mph.

I never said that the body was. What i was saying is that the cars are designed for such high velocity crashes, hence why the monocoque was still in one piece. Of course the body is not going to respond well to a 5G+ crash, but thankfully due to the addition of already strict safety measures the car can do a majority of the protecting. The head restraints are there for a reason as well, so regardless of neck tensing or not they will maintain as much of a natural body shape as possible. Either way, he is going to be ok according to the quacks so the car and the measures already on it have done their job.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2009, 23:07 by Agreeable Slick »