Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 290092 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #140 on: 12 May 2009, 16:28 »
Ferrari chucking their toy's out of their pram again!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8044860.stm

It won't happen, they have enough influence to get the budget cap scrapped. I actually think this would be a shame as more teams would be a good thing.

maybe they'll reach a compromise of a budget cap of 100 million or something.

nick

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #141 on: 12 May 2009, 16:37 »
they were all saying this weekend that the capped teams would be as much as 3 seconds a lap faster due to technical freedom, so  you can either spend £100+ million and be slow or spend £40 milllion and be fast.....whats the issue?
just all accept the cap and go faster! I don't get it  :huh:

All I can assume is that Ferrari and a few others are afraid of being shown up as teams that are only capable of spending their way to the front rather than having the skill to do it via design and I can't believe that's true.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #142 on: 12 May 2009, 16:38 »
and he's a c0ck.
+1
and a midget

... with the potentially largest divorce settlement ever hanging over him... He has £2.4 BILLION :rolleyes:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Komenda

• I live here
« Reply #143 on: 12 May 2009, 16:42 »
Sports car racing is very popular again though, and Ferrari and Toyota have said they are keen to put their money back into it.

Red Bull have 2 teams that will leave if the cap goes through.

The FIA need to get a grip on this and fast. All they have succeeded in doing over the last few years is f*ck up the regulations and make it too complicated. They blame aero for no overtaking but the F1 cars of the 80's and 90's managed it quite easily and they had downforce.

The FIA have decades of F1 data at their fingertips, if they really wanted to they could come up with the solution, but as with all things these days they have too many people trying to make a bucket load of cash and screw the consequences.

I love motorsport but I F*CKING hate the FIA.

Offline gjroe78

• I live here
  • http://shop.ebay.co.uk/mattroe2007/m.html
« Reply #144 on: 12 May 2009, 16:49 »
The FIA need to get a grip on this and fast. All they have succeeded in doing over the last few years is f*ck up the regulations and make it too complicated. They blame aero for no overtaking but the F1 cars of the 80's and 90's managed it quite easily and they had downforce.

The FIA have decades of F1 data at their fingertips, if they really wanted to they could come up with the solution, but as with all things these days they have too many people trying to make a bucket load of cash and screw the consequences.

I love motorsport but I F*CKING hate the FIA.

+1
<br /><br />+ a 1.8T Bora Sport(R-Tech\'ed to 213bhp)

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #145 on: 12 May 2009, 17:24 »
they were all saying this weekend that the capped teams would be as much as 3 seconds a lap faster due to technical freedom, so  you can either spend £100+ million and be slow or spend £40 milllion and be fast.....whats the issue?

All I can assume is that Ferrari and a few others are afraid of being shown up as teams that are only capable of spending their way to the front rather than having the skill to do it via design and I can't believe that's true.

Thats the problem, Ferrari, Mclaren and Bmw turned up at the first gp and were shocked by the pace of the Red Bulls, Brawns and Williams who's budget is a fraction of what they spend, I don't think they want that to happen again with budget caps there is everychance it could.

Ferrari's bigger issue is the fact they are not winning and they are so used to it they feel as long as they keep wasting money is should bring results but it has not.

screw em then , i don't care if ferrrari go. If they can't hack it they have no right to be there anyway.

Bring on Lola , prodrive , usf1 and super aguri .  :cool:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #146 on: 12 May 2009, 17:27 »

Thats the problem, Ferrari, Mclaren and Bmw turned up at the first gp and were shocked by the pace of the Red Bulls, Brawns and Williams who's budget is a fraction of what they spend, I don't think they want that to happen again with budget caps there is everychance it could.

Ferrari's bigger issue is the fact they are not winning and they are so used to it they feel as long as they keep wasting money is should bring results but it has not.

screw em then , i don't care if ferrrari go. If they can't hack it they have no right to be there anyway.

quote fail ^^

F1 is slowly corrupting. They should allow turbocharged monsters again but within a budget to make it fair. They should also have new FIA leaders, one is a short ar$e midget and the other is a nazi lover.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #147 on: 12 May 2009, 17:29 »

quote fail ^^

i'll see your quote fail and raise you a quote fail fail

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #148 on: 12 May 2009, 17:32 »

quote fail ^^

i'll see your quote fail and raise you a quote fail fail

fail  :grin:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #149 on: 12 May 2009, 18:44 »
lol @ Ferrari throwing their toys out the pram.

:D :D :D :D

This don't go their way and now they are in a strop and don't want to play, I feel embarrassed for them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8044860.stm