Author Topic: Drew's 8v RED ride....new car!  (Read 40420 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: Drew's 8v white ride
« Reply #110 on: 07 June 2009, 21:09 »
tow bar on the back of an old Mondeao!  :sad:

been there, had pretty much the same crash. just replaced the front end. bumper, grill , headlights, slam panel with rad and fan. should be able to pick up a whole front end from someone breaking a mk3 for around £80 i would have thought, although you might not need the rad and fan.... headlights look alrite in the pics....

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #111 on: 08 June 2009, 01:32 »
 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Gutted for you Mate  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #112 on: 08 June 2009, 07:15 »
Whooops!

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #113 on: 08 June 2009, 12:33 »
Nooooo! I have a white bumper you can have for free if that helps?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #114 on: 08 June 2009, 14:40 »
first inspection thought i could get away with just sorting bumber, rad, fan etc but had a good look at it today and think there is more to it than that. drivers side ring as more of a bigger gap from the bonnet. . . plus where it took the impact looks like the frame work is bent.

the ladies fella had already got the ball rolling with the insurance when i rang him so my car is being picked up weds morning. i know they will write it off so will just have to go from there.  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #115 on: 08 June 2009, 15:16 »
first inspection thought i could get away with just sorting bumber, rad, fan etc but had a good look at it today and think there is more to it than that. drivers side ring as more of a bigger gap from the bonnet. . . plus where it took the impact looks like the frame work is bent.

the ladies fella had already got the ball rolling with the insurance when i rang him so my car is being picked up weds morning. i know they will write it off so will just have to go from there.  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Will be a shame if it is written off, don't see many in white.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #116 on: 08 June 2009, 21:41 »
Am I the last  :cry:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #117 on: 08 June 2009, 22:02 »
Will be so so gutted to see it go. . . might sound sad but just been sat in it for the last half hour. put so much time and effort into her since xmas and has been washed on average twice a week sometimes three if needed just to keep her gleaming white!

got a Vauxhall Astra as hire car to smoke round in. . . 58 plate and feels nothing like my 14 year old golf!  :cry: done nothing at all today apart from think! dunno where to go from here???? depends on what the pay out is. (prob next to nothing)

Any advice or more of a what would you do? first time i had to do anything like this so really dunno whats best??

A gutted Drew.  :sad: :sad:

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #118 on: 08 June 2009, 22:09 »
Will be so so gutted to see it go. . . might sound sad but just been sat in it for the last half hour. put so much time and effort into her since xmas and has been washed on average twice a week sometimes three if needed just to keep her gleaming white!

got a Vauxhall Astra as hire car to smoke round in. . . 58 plate and feels nothing like my 14 year old golf!  :cry: done nothing at all today apart from think! dunno where to go from here???? depends on what the pay out is. (prob next to nothing)

Any advice or more of a what would you do? first time i had to do anything like this so really dunno whats best??

A gutted Drew.  :sad: :sad:

sorry about your car man, must be gutting! :cry:

if i was you i would get a mk2 golf! there awsome and i think a few people might agree with me lol

Dan

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #119 on: 08 June 2009, 22:14 »
how about buying it back from the insurers once your claim has gone through if you think it's repairable and unworthy of scrapping. You'll probably get it back for next to nothing and you'll have your insurance money to spend on it.