Author Topic: Robbing buggers LOL!  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Robbing buggers LOL!
« on: 06 March 2009, 14:32 »
I just rang up Admiral to confirm I've changed the backbox on the car, and it's added £31 onto my policy, that I don't mind, but I then found out they were charging me an extra £10 for my headlights! WTH??!!!

:laugh: It's crazy!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Robbing buggers LOL!
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2009, 16:01 »
Am I right in thinking you only paid £50 for the back box if so that is crazy.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2009, 16:05 »
I'm sure admiral don't like more than 3 mods!!  :undecided: I know they won't cover me for mine! Best to get a proper modified policy next time and with mine theres no increase!
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2009, 16:14 »
I've actually got 4 main mods, lowering, wheels, lights and backbox. Yeah I did pay £50 for the backbox wayned, not to worry though, better safe than sorry, still can't believe a tenner for the lights though.  :laugh:

I will be looking into a modified policy in August, so long as they don't sting me on insurance (I'm looking at £500 - 600 for my next renewal) then I'll be fine :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2009, 16:14 »
I'm sure admiral don't like more than 3 mods!!  :undecided: I know they won't cover me for mine! Best to get a proper modified policy next time and with mine theres no increase!

I believe your right with only 3 mods as I had issues with them once.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2009, 16:14 »
I've actually got 4 main mods, lowering, wheels, lights and backbox. Yeah I did pay £50 for the backbox wayned, not to worry though, better safe than sorry, still can't believe a tenner for the lights though.  :laugh:

I will be looking into a modified policy in August, so long as they don't sting me on insurance (I'm looking at £500 - 600 for my next renewal) then I'll be fine :)

You may or should find a modified policy to be less, I did with both my Vectra and Golf.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2009, 16:18 »

You may or should find a modified policy to be less, I did with both my Vectra and Golf.

That quote is with Bell/Admiral but I'd rather be on a proper modified policy so I can do as I wish like BB and many others, I'll contact HIC nearer the time and get some quotes on what's good.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #7 on: 06 March 2009, 16:21 »
I'm not sure if HIC will get my business this year (there renewal service is dismal!! :angry:) but then again I have the mods listed "generally" so I can change the car spec/look without any insurance changes!!  :cool:
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #8 on: 06 March 2009, 16:25 »
Fair enough man, I just want my next insurance to go down :)

Josho

« Reply #9 on: 06 March 2009, 16:40 »
I suppose with the backbox, it sounds like you are trying to chav it up a bit. New headlights, backbox ect.

Chavs give dubbers a bad name with insurance companys. :undecided:

Oh, and how did I know this was your topic when I saw the title?