Author Topic: Uprated Spark Plugs Thread.  (Read 14927 times)

Offline Grand Master Patch

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,108

Offline Mk1Macca

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Re: Uprated Spark Plugs Thread.
« Reply #11 on: 15 February 2009, 11:22 »
I had the silver tipped nology uprated plugs fitted to my car on Friday by Nick. As it was done as part of many other things, I can't make any comment on whether the make the blindest bit of difference, but Nick recommended them highly, so that's good enough for me  :nerd:

Offline Wazzzer

  • Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 11,170
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Uprated Spark Plugs Thread.
« Reply #12 on: 15 February 2009, 11:22 »
they don't list them for the 1.8T? Be interested to know what ones Nick recommends as I'm due for a new set with my next service anyways


1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Grand Master Patch

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,108
Re: Uprated Spark Plugs Thread.
« Reply #13 on: 15 February 2009, 11:36 »
They must be available,he gained 7bhp average on his AUM

Offline Grand Master Patch

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,108
« Last Edit: 15 February 2009, 11:40 by Patch »

Offline Wazzzer

  • Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 11,170
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Uprated Spark Plugs Thread.
« Reply #15 on: 15 February 2009, 11:39 »
yeah not doubting they are, he might have even used some for a diff model but I wouldn't have the knowledge to make that decision lol

Edit - nice find, bookmarked  :wink:
« Last Edit: 15 February 2009, 11:41 by Wazzzer »


1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline northeast_gti-t

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,554
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: Uprated Spark Plugs Thread.
« Reply #16 on: 15 February 2009, 14:06 »
They must be available,he gained 7bhp average on his AUM
is that true if so not bad from a set of plugs :shocked: :huh:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,554
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: Uprated Spark Plugs Thread.
« Reply #17 on: 15 February 2009, 14:08 »
they don't list them for the 1.8T? Be interested to know what ones Nick recommends as I'm due for a new set with my next service anyways
i would recommend the iridium densos i have been using them in mine since fitting new coilpacks have had no probs and the car runs great  :laugh:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline Grand Master Patch

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,108
Re: Uprated Spark Plugs Thread.
« Reply #18 on: 15 February 2009, 14:09 »
They must be available,he gained 7bhp average on his AUM
is that true if so not bad from a set of plugs :shocked: :huh:
It's what he told me,he gained 7bhp average on his rollers with them :shocked:

Offline Grand Master Patch

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,108
Re: Uprated Spark Plugs Thread.
« Reply #19 on: 15 February 2009, 14:10 »
Question:
Aren't Platinum or Iridium spark plugs the best?

Answer:
No. As a matter of fact, Platinum and Iridium are some of the worst metal conductors. The reason why Platinum and Iridium spark plugs are used is for longevity only. They can last up to 100,000 miles. If you are looking for longevity, they are for you. If you are looking for performance, choose silver.