Author Topic: Golf MKIV Key  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Stevie Callaghan

• Not said much yet
Golf MKIV Key
« on: 02 July 2004, 11:53 »
Hi,
 I have a 2002 Golf but have only one key (the flip one with 2 buttons). Since I had to call out the RAC last week 'cos I locked the key in the car i thought it time to get another one. VW dealer says it will cost in total around ?150!!!!! Ouch. And they want the car for a whole day. I can get a flip key (new) for around ?40, but where could i get it cut and can you programme them yourself like on Fords using the ignition? Or will i have to get it done for me.

Thanks

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
Re:Golf MKIV Key
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2004, 12:15 »
I'm pretty sure that you can use the VAGCOM software to programme in a key. Drop a message in the Mark 4 section, and no noubt someone with a VAGCOM lead and the software will be able to help you out, by confirming this, and giving you a hand to get it done. I don't have it myself, otherwise i'd do it!

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline Stevie Callaghan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2004, 12:21 »
Thanks mate.

PS Nice motor! Mines a 130 PD and i think thats fast, dred to think what 180+ BHP would feel like! ;D

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2004, 12:47 »
 ;D

Believe it or not, mine is standard!

You should get yours rolling roaded mate, you'll probably be very surprised. I guarantee you'll be pushing out more than 130bhp.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline gee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2004, 10:01 »
Just to let you know your key can be programmed by yourself using the drivers door lock (thats if it hasn't been de-locked!  ;)) Or take it down to VW and ask a one of the lads nicely and slip him a fiver. Look in the owners manual as there is a section about adding keys to the car. Something about locking/unlocking the car via the key and drivers door, then pressing the remote, waiting and doiing it again to recognise it...

Gee
Happiness is a good health and a bad memory.