GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
MOT failure!
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: MOT failure! (Read 1268 times)
thai-wronghorse
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,325
mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
MOT failure!
«
on:
13 June 2012, 10:19 »
Just took the mk3 for its annual scrutinising and considering I've not had the chance to check anything over recently it didn't do to badly, Just needs the offside steering rack gaitor replacing which I'm glad to say is a cheap fix. Fingers crossed it stays dry at the weekend so I can tackle it now.
Logged
trog_nfs
I live here
Posts: 975
Re: MOT failure!
«
Reply #1 on:
13 June 2012, 10:29 »
at least you're not flintstoning it
Logged
thai-wronghorse
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,325
mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: MOT failure!
«
Reply #2 on:
13 June 2012, 11:40 »
Na which I'm pleased about, the tester commented on how solid and clean it was actually which is reassuring. I did get an advisory for some minor corrosion near the offside seatbelt mounting point though so when I'm underneath il have a butchers to see what needs treating before the rust takes hold.
Logged
Screech16v
I live here
Posts: 2,432
MK3 20vt AGU
Re: MOT failure!
«
Reply #3 on:
13 June 2012, 21:26 »
Not bad at all
,that must be one well looked after golf
Logged
thai-wronghorse
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,325
mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: MOT failure!
«
Reply #4 on:
14 June 2012, 00:51 »
Had a look for the advisory, there appears to be some light scabbing just below the drivers door rubber seal. A common place on these tbh, its still rock solid though so a good dose of Kurust and some touch up paint should do the job for now.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
MOT failure!