Author Topic: Coolent Leak  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Thrash_cj

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 18
Coolent Leak
« on: 12 May 2012, 13:51 »
The past few days my golf has been going thru coolent like no tomorrow.
After 10mins of looking today I have found the issue  :smiley

Does anyone have the part number for the lovely rusty item in the picture so I can resolve the issue

http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd460/Thrash_cj/?action=view&current=rusty.jpg

Thanks

Thrash

Edit: should have said, its an ABF and the location if the item in the pic is just under the inlet mani
« Last Edit: 12 May 2012, 13:53 by Thrash_cj »
Had
VW Golf mk2 Driver
VW Golf mk3 16v GTI

Have
VW Golf mk4 GTTDI

Offline itavaltalainen

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,693
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Coolent Leak
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2012, 15:16 »
That's the main water flange, it's is the one at the front isn't it?

part number is 037121132J flange with gasket, I would also advise to get the three bolts (M6x22 p/n N 90280901), with all that leaking going on they might be well rusty. If you don't want to buy from VW then just go and get flanged hex head M6x20 bolts like these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M6-x-20-GOLD-ZINC-HEX-FLANGE-8-8-HEAD-BOLTS-X-10-pcs-/180711761400?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&hash=item2a1342a5f8.

Don't make the mistake of buying stainless ones though, they might not rust but your engine will.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Thrash_cj

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 18
Re: Coolent Leak
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2012, 21:45 »
Cheers itavaltalainen
Yeah its the one at the front.
I tried explaining to ECP but it was no good hah
Also thanks for the links too
Had
VW Golf mk2 Driver
VW Golf mk3 16v GTI

Have
VW Golf mk4 GTTDI

Offline itavaltalainen

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,693
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Coolent Leak
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2012, 22:26 »
np, just found the part online, even better VW genuine one for 12£ : http://www.shop4volkswagen.co.uk/product/Seal_037121132J
in addition you'll also need the gasket 027121139A (~3£ from same site), forgot about that (my 8v's only have an o-ring).



2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: Coolent Leak
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2012, 00:14 »
mine has started to leak too!
rang vw up and described it down the phone and they ordered it for me! :D