Author Topic: same sh!t different day  (Read 2963 times)

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #10 on: 02 September 2010, 10:10 »
check the brown and brown/white wires to the side of the head. one of them is the earth for the clocks, other is earth for the engine management. if bad connection here this could explain both issues :)

or it might be a problem with the battery cabling, if the mfa gets low voltage it goes spazzer, this could again also explain why engine is cutting out.

last of all make sure idle switch is clicking when throttle is closed, and wiring to the throttle switches hasnt snapped behind the inlet.  then go around doing the obvious checks for vac leaks etc.
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #11 on: 02 September 2010, 23:47 »
will give this ago :wink:

.....the project.........

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #12 on: 03 September 2010, 20:19 »
doesnt seem to be any faults there its cuting out evry time you put the clucth in or take foot of acel pedal :undecided:

.....the project.........

tisme

  • Guest
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #13 on: 04 September 2010, 08:38 »
Hiya I had this on my 1990 pb gti it was the rubber tube that goes into the rocker cover under the flying saucer thingy. It will look intact but mine has split (twice this year) I didn't notice it till I moved it when with the engine running. It's like it's got a huge vac leak.
HTH

Offline leeroy20vt

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,951
  • h reg mk2 gti
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #14 on: 04 September 2010, 09:26 »
water light flashing could just be the sensor in the header bottle worth a look

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #15 on: 06 September 2010, 19:51 »
leeroy didnt think of that  :wink:

have changed the flyin saucer and the pipe coming from it all seems ok at mo for another day :smug:

.....the project.........

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #16 on: 15 September 2010, 19:08 »
well a week later after geting my car back today and its cuting out again its doing my head :cry: :cry:

.....the project.........

Offline dadrathers

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 385
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #17 on: 17 September 2010, 20:43 »
Your temp warning light flashing is likely to be linked to your probs with MFA. It is all to do with earthing -I believe. If your rev counter blips or packs up at the same time as the temp warning light flashes then deffo probs with instrument panel I would suggest.

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: same sh!t different day
« Reply #18 on: 19 September 2010, 13:34 »
all sorted was a lose earth :grin:

.....the project.........