Author Topic: No power to Fuel Pump Fuse  (Read 3427 times)

Offline warnesey333

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 660
Re: No power to Fuel Pump Fuse
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2010, 12:14 »
first check fuel pump fuse #5, if thats ok bridge the 2 large contacts on the fuel pump relay socket with some thick wire. if pump runs you know its relay or wiring issue.  make sure you have the correct relay as well, 67, 80 and 167 relays will not work on a k-jet.  GSF sell the relay you need:
935VG0090 - k-jet relay - £ 23.20

The relay im using is number 21, is that wrong?

Also, it only has 4 pins, yet on some siagrams i see more...position 12

Offline warnesey333

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 660
Re: No power to Fuel Pump Fuse
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2010, 12:17 »
Relay number 21 is wrong isn't it....should be in position 2 with more than 4 pins.


Grrr...

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: No power to Fuel Pump Fuse
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2010, 12:44 »
yep 21 is a hazard/indicator relay  :grin:

check my fusebox faq in the mk2 maintenance section, shows you ther location of all the relays, plus there is a list of relay numbers and what they do. you want the pre-90 mk2 diagram, top o page 2 :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline warnesey333

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 660
Re: No power to Fuel Pump Fuse
« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2010, 19:08 »
Lol I was looking at the wrong bloody diagram.

Anyway - it's fuelling now!  The old relay was broken.

Time to sort out my timing...