Author Topic: Pressed plates off Ebay????  (Read 2983 times)

Offline jamesblonde

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 154
  • VW Golf Mk4 Estate 1.6 16v Tornado Red
Re: Pressed plates off Ebay????
« Reply #10 on: 19 June 2012, 22:38 »
I've had pressed plates on for over a year now. Got them off ebay and they are brilliant tbh. I've even persuaded my dad to get some as well. they do look the part.

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Pressed plates off Ebay????
« Reply #11 on: 19 June 2012, 22:41 »
Its ok just been told there is a place near me that does them and there part of dubmeister.. so 100% legal.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline N900 MJT

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 900
Re: Pressed plates off Ebay????
« Reply #12 on: 19 June 2012, 22:44 »
The other half has dubmeister plates and we never have any problems

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Pressed plates off Ebay????
« Reply #13 on: 19 June 2012, 23:40 »
But in the real world police won't check this and you will get away with it. 

Not always, they are starting to clamp down on dodgy number plates a lot more these days.

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Pressed plates off Ebay????
« Reply #14 on: 20 June 2012, 07:13 »
Its ok just been told there is a place near me that does them and there part of dubmeister.. so 100% legal.

Sorted then.

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Pressed plates off Ebay????
« Reply #15 on: 20 June 2012, 15:56 »
I got pulled over the other week and the officer went all round the car looking for something to do me for. He seems a bit dissapointed when he couldnt find anything though he even checked with my insurance that it was all declared  :rolleyes:

dubmeister ftw  :cool:
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Pressed plates off Ebay????
« Reply #16 on: 20 June 2012, 16:28 »
I got pulled over the other week and the officer went all round the car looking for something to do me for. He seems a bit dissapointed when he couldnt find anything though he even checked with my insurance that it was all declared  :rolleyes:

dubmeister ftw  :cool:




HAHAHA well done!
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6