GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Central locking question
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Central locking question (Read 1251 times)
WeekendMechanic
Here all the time
Posts: 315
Golf MK3 GTD
Central locking question
«
on:
02 May 2012, 17:00 »
Anyone know how to fix a leaking front driver side leaking central lock without having to buy one new,sealer?
Logged
Luke1981
I live here
Posts: 530
Re: Central locking question
«
Reply #1 on:
02 May 2012, 20:22 »
Cut pipe at point where the leak or split is, then push both ends in a piece of rubber tubing. Make sure it is a tight fit though.
Logged
MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI
WeekendMechanic
Here all the time
Posts: 315
Golf MK3 GTD
Re: Central locking question
«
Reply #2 on:
03 May 2012, 16:33 »
Its not the pipe that`s leaking its the unit.
Logged
dan_apps
I live here
Posts: 2,677
too low for british roads!
Re: Central locking question
«
Reply #3 on:
03 May 2012, 18:30 »
thought the units were sealed so you need to replace the whole thing?
Logged
WeekendMechanic
Here all the time
Posts: 315
Golf MK3 GTD
Re: Central locking question
«
Reply #4 on:
03 May 2012, 18:37 »
Quote from: dan_apps on 03 May 2012, 18:30
thought the units were sealed so you need to replace the whole thing?
I don`t know,I hope there is a fix,I`m going to dismantle the unit Saturday and try some sealer,I hope it opens up and I don't break it and make it worse
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Central locking question