That's solder type I'm pretty sure, in which case it's a job for a ECU specialist, which for the price you might as well get a professional remap.
It should be push fit just like most of the 16v chips are (my 97 16v was) BUT there are several types so it's worth emailing the seller and he'll tell you if his are compatible with your ECU.
Do you have any idea if the chip on a 1996 16v is a push or solder type?
Quote from: b_boy02 on 07 May 2012, 22:16Do you have any idea if the chip on a 1996 16v is a push or solder type?ABF ECUs are all push fit, regardless of whether they are AE, BE or AB type.
Oh really, when I spoke to the seller of the chips albeit quite a while ago I'm sure he mentioned that there was a certain ECU used that wasnt push fit.