GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
help
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: help (Read 1676 times)
tobybrennan
I live here
Posts: 765
GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
help
«
on:
02 September 2010, 21:16 »
i own a mk3
so i dont have a clue about mk2's
i know you can't remap a mk2 cause of something to do with the ecu or something
what are the best performance bits for a mk2?
and what sort of boost would you be looking at?
sorry for the silly questions
Logged
Ben Lessani
I live here
Posts: 3,873
The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: help
«
Reply #1 on:
02 September 2010, 21:18 »
Engine? Budget? Competence?
Logged
tobybrennan
I live here
Posts: 765
GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: help
«
Reply #2 on:
02 September 2010, 21:21 »
Quote from: Ben Lessani on 02 September 2010, 21:18
Engine? Budget? Competence?
16v
budget anything really, just nothing stupid like turbos and supercharge
Logged
Ben Lessani
I live here
Posts: 3,873
The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: help
«
Reply #3 on:
02 September 2010, 21:23 »
16v 1.8 or 2.0?
Logged
tobybrennan
I live here
Posts: 765
GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: help
«
Reply #4 on:
02 September 2010, 21:24 »
Quote from: Ben Lessani on 02 September 2010, 21:23
16v 1.8 or 2.0?
sorry mate
its a 1.8 16v gti
Logged
Ben Lessani
I live here
Posts: 3,873
The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: help
«
Reply #5 on:
02 September 2010, 21:25 »
Easiest mod is to tear that out and fit an ABF then. £250 for an engine, box and loom plus £500-1000 for a mechanic to install, or free if you do it yourself.
Logged
tobybrennan
I live here
Posts: 765
GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: help
«
Reply #6 on:
02 September 2010, 21:27 »
would it be like swapping an 8v gti to an abf
or would there be a lot less work required?
sorry for the silly questions ben
cheers though
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
help