Author Topic: help  (Read 1677 times)

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
help
« on: 02 September 2010, 21:16 »
i own a mk3

so i dont have a clue about mk2's
i know you can't remap a mk2 cause of something to do with the ecu or something :D

what are the best performance bits for a mk2?
and what sort of boost would you be looking at?

sorry for the silly questions

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2010, 21:18 »
Engine? Budget? Competence?

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: help
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2010, 21:21 »
Engine? Budget? Competence?

16v
budget anything really, just nothing stupid like turbos and supercharge :)

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: help
« Reply #3 on: 02 September 2010, 21:23 »
16v 1.8 or 2.0?

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: help
« Reply #4 on: 02 September 2010, 21:24 »
16v 1.8 or 2.0?


sorry mate

its a 1.8 16v gti :)

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: help
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2010, 21:25 »
Easiest mod is to tear that out and fit an ABF then. £250 for an engine, box and loom plus £500-1000 for a mechanic to install, or free if you do it yourself.

Offline tobybrennan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 765
  • GL get out the way, and make way for a 16v anni
Re: help
« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2010, 21:27 »
would it be like swapping an 8v gti to an abf
or would there be a lot less work required?

sorry for the silly questions ben
cheers though