Author Topic: cough, cough and dead :(  (Read 5717 times)

Offline russ-vdub

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,350
  • Once a Dub, Always a Dub
Re: cough, cough and dead :(
« Reply #20 on: 09 August 2010, 12:58 »
I love how cars do things like this well randomly, my inclination was a spark issue, was just guna suggest an old lead arking out but hope its the hall sender now you bought one .. Good luck Ben!

Offline 6foot6

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 93
Re: cough, cough and dead :(
« Reply #21 on: 10 August 2010, 11:31 »
I used contact cleaner on on the electrical connectors in the bay, and then was stumpted when the old girl would not fire up. checked everthing, turned out to be the connectore on the bottom of the dizzy with 3 connectors  (hall sender), just cleaned it up again and pluged it back in and she fired on the key, was intresting , pluged it back in with the ignition to the "on" position and when I plugged it in heard the fuel pump prime up.
Golf GTi 8v Alpine white - Project track shlag - TLC needed - KnN/Scorpien full system oval tail pipe, rust here and there.
1991 Toyota MR2 MK Revision 1 Turbo, rev 3 LSD, CT20b Turbo, HKS Exhaust, Blitz Downpipe 244HP@the wheels @ 13psi - 12.9 SQM :D
1994 BMW 730 V8 fully loaded 220BHP

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: cough, cough and dead :(
« Reply #22 on: 15 August 2010, 12:29 »
To finish this off ... I fitted the dizzy yesterday, charged the battery overnight - went to start it this morning and she fired straight up - lets hope its fixed!

The write-up as usual is on my dub thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=49436.msg1512898#msg1512898 :D