Author Topic: Mk3 Gearbox  (Read 1276 times)

Offline buzzkip

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 150
Mk3 Gearbox
« on: 11 August 2009, 12:57 »
Hi all,

I'm having some issues with when changing to first gear. When I attempt to change gear, either of the 3 below happens.

- Gearstick won't get it's arse into first
- The stick moves into reverse territory and feels like the stick just popped out
- It's fine and works


Any ideas would be appreciated!
Changed username from "iAMarshall".

gtigolfthree

  • Guest
Re: Mk3 Gearbox
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2009, 13:22 »
Check the linkages for wear etc

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Mk3 Gearbox
« Reply #2 on: 11 August 2009, 13:37 »
which MK3 is it
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline buzzkip

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 150
Re: Mk3 Gearbox
« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2009, 14:56 »
It's an 8v GTI 1993 Mk3
Changed username from "iAMarshall".

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Mk3 Gearbox
« Reply #4 on: 11 August 2009, 15:34 »
right, linkage is mostly the same as a MK2 so have a read of the linkage faq in the mk2 maintenance section :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.