GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk4 => Topic started by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 01:02

Title: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 01:02
Toddled up to the lights next to a Golf GT TDI today.  You shoulda seen the guy (more like a kid) inside it.  Shorted person I've ever seen, with his arm draped over the top of the steering wheel, because he's just SOOOO cool!  You know the type I mean, probably had a track suit on.

Lights changed, and he tried to shoot off, so I let him, knowing full well 50 metres down the road the next set of lights were red, no point.  He does the same thing again, bit stupid really, because the next set of lights are red as well.

Course I know these lights are going to change any second,and because he ragged it up to them he had to stop, whereas I coasted along in second gear.  Lights change, and I leave his for dust, the only limit being who was prepared to go the fastest in a 30 zone.

Silly child...  :grin:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 09:11
 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

from zero to hero in the space of two threads  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 10:32
The GTTDI also had plumes of black smoke coming out of the back of it  :cool:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: RTechUK on 03 August 2008, 10:51
The GTTDI also had plumes of black smoke coming out of the back of it  :cool:

LOL, Having fun with your remap then?

Sounds like the TDI has a tuning box or a maxed out power remap which will give loads of black smoke pre boost..

Nick
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 10:53
Indeed, the black smoke did seem to occur very low in his rev range, probably pre-boost.

still no match though  :tongue:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: the_stink on 03 August 2008, 11:14
was he leaning as far back as poss lol similar thing round my way with the lights first set no point but second set  :grin:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 11:26
Yeah, seat far back, his arm over the top of the steering wheel.  This guy was SERIOUSLY short!!!
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: giffy1988 on 03 August 2008, 11:31
im short  :cry: lol cant beat no1 in my slug so good on ya  :grin:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 12:39
The GTTDI also had plumes of black smoke coming out of the back of it  :cool:

LOL, Having fun with your remap then?

Sounds like the TDI has a tuning box or a maxed out power remap which will give loads of black smoke pre boost..

Nick

indeed - my map only gives a slight puff of smoke and then nothing but dust as i disappear into the distance  :smug: :cool: :grin: :grin:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: dai-cymru on 03 August 2008, 12:49
tut tut grown men and playing the childs traffic light grand prix  :wink: :wink:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 12:51
tut tut grown men and playing the childs traffic light grand prix  :wink: :wink:

yeah baby  :grin: :grin:  some people need to be put in their place  :grin:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: dai-cymru on 03 August 2008, 12:54
yeah too right next we will have a thread saying i beat a 17 year old in a fiesta (it did have l plates and a roof sign though) :wink: :wink:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 12:58
Whats yours like against civic type r then rhys? Bet it gives them a nasty shock  :evil:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 13:07
Whats yours like against civic type r then rhys? Bet it gives them a nasty shock  :evil:

i gave one a shock before i even had the car mapped  :shocked:  got to love low down torque in 6th  :smug: he changed down a couple of gears and then took off.

haven't played with one since a remap  :sad:  they all seem to be cruising around desperately trying to conserve petrol  :grin: :grin:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 13:10
Whats yours like against civic type r then rhys? Bet it gives them a nasty shock  :evil:

i gave one a shock before i even had the car mapped  :shocked:  got to love low down torque in 6th  :smug: he changed down a couple of gears and then took off.

haven't played with one since a remap  :sad:  they all seem to be cruising around desperately trying to conserve petrol  :grin: :grin:


lol had one TRY and overtake me the other day  :grin: :evil: :afro:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 13:13
Whats yours like against civic type r then rhys? Bet it gives them a nasty shock  :evil:

i gave one a shock before i even had the car mapped  :shocked:  got to love low down torque in 6th  :smug: he changed down a couple of gears and then took off.

haven't played with one since a remap  :sad:  they all seem to be cruising around desperately trying to conserve petrol  :grin: :grin:


lol had one TRY and overtake me the other day  :grin: :evil: :afro:

whoops - bet he wasn't happy!!  :grin: :grin: and that was with your dodgy clutch - good work mate :afro:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 13:16
Whats yours like against civic type r then rhys? Bet it gives them a nasty shock  :evil:

i gave one a shock before i even had the car mapped  :shocked:  got to love low down torque in 6th  :smug: he changed down a couple of gears and then took off.

haven't played with one since a remap  :sad:  they all seem to be cruising around desperately trying to conserve petrol  :grin: :grin:


lol had one TRY and overtake me the other day  :grin: :evil: :afro:

whoops - bet he wasn't happy!!  :grin: :grin: and that was with your dodgy clutch - good work mate :afro:

No not happy lol bet he has "done" loads of standard mk4s before  :grin: :grin:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 13:18
Bit unfair of me to pick on a diesel mk4 I guess, I'll pick something more evenly matched next time ;)
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 13:20
Bit unfair of me to pick on a diesel mk4 I guess, I'll pick something more evenly matched next time ;)

well seeing as they vary from 90 - 150bhp how do you know which one you 'done'?

we'll have to meet up again and see how evenly matched our cars are  :wink:

Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 13:21
Bit unfair of me to pick on a diesel mk4 I guess, I'll pick something more evenly matched next time ;)

Rhys finger is now hovering over the delete account button  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 13:21

we'll have to meet up again and see how evenly matched our cars are  :wink:

Until my engine falls out!  :grin:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 13:22
Bit unfair of me to pick on a diesel mk4 I guess, I'll pick something more evenly matched next time ;)

Rhys finger is now hovering over the delete account button  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

nah - i prefer to choke people on diesel fumes  :evil:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 13:23

we'll have to meet up again and see how evenly matched our cars are  :wink:

Until my engine falls out!  :grin:

well that will be in about 5 miles if you keep up with your traffic light grand prixs  :laugh:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 13:23
Pff, I wasn't even trying  :cool:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 13:24

we'll have to meet up again and see how evenly matched our cars are  :wink:

Until my engine falls out!  :grin:

You still not got the 32 dong bone mount bob?  :shocked: tut tut  :tongue:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 13:25
Nope, not had the money yet.

Plus, since the forum went down, that helpful info Rhyso posted for me has gone  :sad:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 13:27
Nope, not had the money yet.

Plus, since the forum went down, that helpful info Rhyso posted for me has gone  :sad:

1J0 199 851 AM  :wink:

also get 102 683 02 x 2

also need a couple of other bolts but don't have the part numbers
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 13:27
Nope, not had the money yet.

Plus, since the forum went down, that helpful info Rhyso posted for me has gone  :sad:

IJ0 199 851 AM
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 13:28
Nope, not had the money yet.

Plus, since the forum went down, that helpful info Rhyso posted for me has gone  :sad:

1J0 199 851 AM  :wink:

ah beat me for once  :tongue: :evil:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 13:28
Nope, not had the money yet.

Plus, since the forum went down, that helpful info Rhyso posted for me has gone  :sad:

1J0 199 851 AM  :wink:

ah beat me for once  :tongue: :evil:

your dodgy clutch slowing you down mate  :tongue:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 13:29
Nope, not had the money yet.

Plus, since the forum went down, that helpful info Rhyso posted for me has gone  :sad:

1J0 199 851 AM  :wink:

also get 102 683 02 x 2

also need a couple of other bolts but don't have the part numbers

It's like another language :)
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 13:30
Nope, not had the money yet.

Plus, since the forum went down, that helpful info Rhyso posted for me has gone  :sad:

1J0 199 851 AM  :wink:

also get 102 683 02 x 2

also need a couple of other bolts but don't have the part numbers

It's like another language :)

the language of ETKA  :nerd:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 13:30
So...  About £60 to stop the engine moving about so much.
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 13:30
Nope, not had the money yet.

Plus, since the forum went down, that helpful info Rhyso posted for me has gone  :sad:

1J0 199 851 AM  :wink:

ah beat me for once  :tongue: :evil:

your dodgy clutch slowing you down mate  :tongue:

PMSL  :grin: :grin: :laugh:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 13:31
So...  About £60 to stop the engine moving about so much.

Yep dont delay order on monday take those part numbers and give to parts man at vw  :laugh: :evil:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 13:32
So...  About £60 to stop the engine moving about so much.

call it £70 by the time you buy the bolts and add VAT
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 13:32
I guess if I go into the dealers they should know what bolts I require.

I'm going to need some axle stands too.
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 13:33
I guess if I go into the dealers they should know what bolts I require.


 :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: Good luck with that  :grin: :grin: :lipsrsealed:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 13:35
I guess if I go into the dealers they should know what bolts I require.

I'm going to need some axle stands too.

well i've given the part numbers for two of them so you're halfway there......  :lipsrsealed:

Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: dai-cymru on 03 August 2008, 14:01
does he have a mate called dave to fit the mount :smiley:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 14:04
does he have a mate called dave to fit the mount :smiley:

doubt it  :grin: :wink:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 14:04
Gotta do it myself :P
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: richw911 on 03 August 2008, 14:05
does he have a mate called dave to fit the mount :smiley:

Yep you! Will you do it for say a kit kat......  :grin: :laugh:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: dai-cymru on 03 August 2008, 14:06
put poly bushes in your mount refit decide it's too hard then take it back out ans swap it for an r32 one then drive over a lead light. ring any bells rhys?
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: dai-cymru on 03 August 2008, 14:07
does he have a mate called dave to fit the mount :smiley:

Yep you! Will you do it for say a kit kat......  :grin: :laugh:


sorry bud gotta be a kit kat chunky, although the usual labour rate is a packet of choc digestives
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: GTi-Matt on 03 August 2008, 14:10
put poly bushes in your mount refit decide it's too hard then take it back out ans swap it for an r32 one then drive over a lead light. ring any bells rhys?

o rhys your so fussy and hope u replaced the lead light.

think rhys is regretting having dave become a member on here all the storys are coming out!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 14:14
put poly bushes in your mount refit decide it's too hard then take it back out ans swap it for an r32 one then drive over a lead light. ring any bells rhys?

o rhys your so fussy and hope u replaced the lead light.

think rhys is regretting having dave become a member on here all the storys are coming out!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

nah i can take the stick  :wink:

yeah i replaced the lead lamp - got to work to pay for it  :tongue:  and besides Dave - it wasn't as if you were busy  :tongue:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: dai-cymru on 03 August 2008, 14:17
ah now if you remember i did the change after work hours. and you only signed the purchase order to get a new light not actually buy one (and i didnt buy a rechargeable torch and keep it myself :evil:) he can give me stick back cos i took the whole door card off last week to adjust the door handle. :laugh:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 14:19
ah now if you remember i did the change after work hours. and you only signed the purchase order to get a new light not actually buy one (and i didnt buy a rechargeable torch and keep it myself :evil:) he can give me stick back cos i took the whole door card off last week to adjust the door handle. :laugh:

exactly so not as if you were busy  :wink:

well you're new to Golfs so i'll let you off - also you maybe doing all the driving to EDition 38 at the end of August - forgot i'm out in Cardiff the night before  :shocked: :rolleyes:
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: bobbarley on 03 August 2008, 14:19
Nope, not had the money yet.

Plus, since the forum went down, that helpful info Rhyso posted for me has gone  :sad:

1J0 199 851 AM  :wink:

also get 102 683 02 x 2

also need a couple of other bolts but don't have the part numbers

Can't I just use the old bolts?
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: Rhyso on 03 August 2008, 14:21
Nope, not had the money yet.

Plus, since the forum went down, that helpful info Rhyso posted for me has gone  :sad:

1J0 199 851 AM  :wink:

also get 102 683 02 x 2

also need a couple of other bolts but don't have the part numbers

Can't I just use the old bolts?

not really - my good mate Dave pointed out to me that they are stretch bolts (hope i got that right lol) and as such are really only good for 1-2 uses at the most - besides they are only a couple of quid for the lot so worth doing IMO
Title: Re: I rule!
Post by: dai-cymru on 03 August 2008, 14:27
yep but add a dab of loctite although if your going to VW to get the other stuff you may as well pick up the bolts too. anyway i'm off to work dohhhhhhhhh!!!!