GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: pinson on 12 June 2012, 12:14

Title: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: pinson on 12 June 2012, 12:14
The title is pretty much self explanatory, but does anyone know the rough cost to get the debadged grills sprayed?
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: Len on 12 June 2012, 12:30
Buy a spray can of paint! :rolleyes:
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: pinson on 12 June 2012, 12:45
I am wondering whether to put my debadged grill on or just black the VW badge
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: search on 12 June 2012, 13:28
debadged and spray can it, youll need primer, your colour, and clear coat.  one can of each should be fine so no more than £25 MAX!
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: 67buggers on 12 June 2012, 14:16
I am wondering whether to put my debadged grill on or just black the VW badge

I have a debadged grill in black for sale  :wink:
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: pinson on 12 June 2012, 15:10
I am wondering whether to put my debadged grill on or just black the VW badge

I have a debadged grill in black for sale  :wink:

Sorry mate, I have already got one in black plastic whic I am just looking at getting sprayed.

Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: mrsaunders on 12 June 2012, 16:01
Do it yourself, its easy mate
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: tweed on 12 June 2012, 17:33
Just sprayed a silver one dragon green. Rub down, spray primer, rub that down x2. I did two coats of primer because of stone chips. Spray colour, two/three coats, rub that down and then clear coat. Rub down and buff, or plenty of t-cut. Use the t-cut after 24 hours. Might find the new grill will have a better finish than the car like I did  :grin:
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: GolfGL on 13 June 2012, 20:08
When i painted my old GL debadged grill in dragon green i used halfords rattle cans and the match and quality were spot on. however if i was doing silver or a light colour id try a proper shop. imagine they would want £25-50
adam
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: pinson on 14 June 2012, 11:08
Thanks for the advice, it is dark blue. I think a rattle can is the line i shall go down.
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: VW BUSH on 14 June 2012, 13:07
Use Tipex, I painted my pencil case with it in 1987 and it still looks good
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 14 June 2012, 13:30
Nail vanish is durable.  :rolleyes:
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: VW BUSH on 14 June 2012, 14:11
Nail vanish is durable.  :rolleyes:
I always thought you were a ladyboy
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 14 June 2012, 14:32
Chick with Dick to you sir.
Title: Re: Cost of Painting Debadged Grill?
Post by: stainesy on 14 June 2012, 14:38
Ting tong from tooting  :grin:

My mate is actually called ting tong. He used to be so fat he had tits so I used to call him ladyboy. Then when little Britain came out I states calling him ting tong and now it has stuck and everybody calls him it now and it's normal. Like its his name now  :grin: