GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: stainesy on 11 June 2012, 21:51
-
just been looking at diferant wheels and found some nice wheels i like but they come 7.5j front and 9j rear. i no i can do the fronts at ET20 to have them sit nice but what offset on the rear do i have to make them sit the best with rolled arches
-
9's are usually ET15
-
9's are usually ET15
sweet cheers mate
-
My sig pic is 9" et15
-
My sig pic is 9" et15
do you run spacers aswell or is that them sat on the hub ? cheers
-
My sig pic is 9" et15
do you run spacers aswell or is that them sat on the hub ? cheers
The wheels are et20 but I have a 5mm spacer each side making them et15. And I've got camber shims in set to 20/20 that's -2
-
Do the insides of the wheels touch suspension at ET20?
-
Would I need shims aswell then?
-
Do the insides of the wheels touch suspension at ET20?
No got about 1" the standard gti wheels sit in more than 9" et20 :wink:
Stainesy it's up to you. I had to pull my arch too. I wanted them flush. If you want poke then don't fit shims and just roll ya arch.
I've tucked my 8" et20 front. That was a mission lol when I first put the front on, they poked out about 30mm :grin:
-
ok cool well the fronts will be 16" ET20 and only 7.5j so they should be ok with just rolling the arch. so just rolling the rear arch with 16" ET15 and 9j will be ok then? sweet. just need to save up the funds for the wheels now. :grin:
this is gona look sick. im on a mission now to get these wheels.
-
what wheels you getting fella?
p.s did you sell your bonnet bra?
-
these mate. i had lenso bsx before and loved them even though lots of people say they dont like them i am a fan. and now they do the deep dish 9j ones.
i really wanted the gold faced ones as it would look nice with the green but for some reason they dont do the gold ones in 9j only the black or silver. so im going for silver not black. i may change my mind if something cooler turns up for the money i will have saved but for now im loving these.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lenso-BSX-Staggered-Rims-BBS-RS-Style-All-Colours-Drilled-To-Any-Fitment-/170818995069?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item27c59b037d#ht_588wt_1037
-
ah yeah they are really nice, and like you said its up to you.
-
I have spotted these which are nice - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360463246414?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
-
they are but i think hes a 5 stud user lol.
-
Yeah they are nice but I hate black wheels plus I am 5 stud.