GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Tabx808 on 06 June 2012, 22:35
-
Been looking for my ht lead remover for a couple of days. Just about given up so thought I'd check to see if the original one was still there.
(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc395/tabx80/c1c9712c.jpg)
It was where it was supposed to be. This will be the first one I've had that's actually still had this. Doesn't even looked used. Bit more money for the petrol station now.
-
Where is it mean to be? :huh:
-
It clips on to the bonnet stay. As most people end up fitting lifters it gets removed and lost. Or never gets put back.
This one seems to have made it 14 years without being lost or broken. If its the original one that is. Is def a genuine one though.
-
Never knew that and never seen one before :laugh:
-
I only found out When changing the leads on my first vr. Butchered the old set getting them out with long nosed pliers. Lots of swearing and cursing Vw. Then the guy in the parts shop told me there was an actual tool to get them out. Wouldve been better if he had mentioned it when selling me the leads but I suppose it was funny for him watching me struggle. :smiley:
-
I need one of these in my life. :grin:
-
Never seen that pattern under the bonnet to. That is a rare collection you have.
-
I need one too...never new they should be attached to the bonnet though :cool:
-
Never seen that pattern under the bonnet to. That is a rare collection you have.
Wanted something a bit different to shiny chrome so went with Indian restaurant tablecloth. Matches the green paintwork perfectly.
-
I need one of these in my life. :grin:
I twigged on the sarcasm about here. Wasnt paying full attention until this point
-
I need one of these in my life. :grin:
I twigged on the sarcasm about here. Wasnt paying full attention until this point
:huh: I'm not joking
-
Their good but wear down easily. I made a metal one :cool:
-
Their good but wear down easily. I made a metal one :cool:
Did the leads today and it's about ready to be chucked. I did have the sealed metal one but can't find it anywhere.
-
I need one of these in my life. :grin:
I twigged on the sarcasm about here. Wasnt paying full attention until this point
:huh: I'm not joking
Fair enough. Just get used to the sarcasm part in the forum title a bit too much. Don't mind it though. Better than a serious forum where a bit of banter gets you banned.