GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: gossy on 30 May 2012, 13:25

Title: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: gossy on 30 May 2012, 13:25
Hi, had a little look around but can't quite find all the answers I need so though I'd post here (apologies if it's the wrong place)

I was just wondering whether you can fit a colour concept interior into a 3dr mk3, have been looking around on e-bay and can't seem to find many for 3drs? Also I have currently on my car a set of widened steel wheels, they are looking very old and tatty, as I am a learner I dont really have the money, or skills (yet) to warrant a pair of alloy wheels, so wondering about paint colour suggestions, my mk3 is dark blue. Both my front and back bumpers are very faded plastic, I was wondering whether it would be possible to re-paint/re-dye them to make them look better or would I have to buy new ones? I have had no experiences with Golf's before so very unsure as to what is possible! Cheers
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: Dan_GTi8v on 30 May 2012, 13:37
if you mean would a 5dr interior fit into a 3dr, then no it wont. The rear seats will fit and the fronts will bit but wont have the tilt to get into the back. Door cards and pillars etc wont fit and the doors are different sizes etc

As for the bumpers if wanting to colour code them I think you would need new ones unless a lot of work is put into preping the plastic ones ready for paint
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: negawsklov on 30 May 2012, 18:05
As far as I'm aware all CC interiors have tilt front seat regardless if from a 3 or 5 dr
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: wheatobear on 30 May 2012, 18:26
my CC is a 3 door and it comes with 2 tilt mechanisms on each seat just incase one breaks!
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: madmanmart on 30 May 2012, 18:47
As far as I'm aware all CC interiors have tilt front seat regardless if from a 3 or 5 dr

That is correct  :smiley:
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: FlashRedThree on 30 May 2012, 19:33
You could just use a tin of back to black to remove the fading from the bumpers...much cheaper than spraying them...unless you want to of course.
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: gossy on 30 May 2012, 22:06
Ahh that is great =) do the rear seat from a 5dr fit in the 3dr as well, or do I have to get the rear bench seat from a 3dr? As for the back to black I might give that a go, is it fairly easy to get hold of?
Cheers
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: stainesy on 30 May 2012, 22:12
dont use back to black on the bumpers its sh!t. use Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel. it will bring back the black perminantly. and if you just run a tiny bit over every month or so they will be lovely and shiney.
i have used this at car shows and always looks great. and instantly turns the most faded bumper black again  :wink:

gossy i have sent you a private message mate  :wink:
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: gossy on 30 May 2012, 22:35
Hey mate, sorry won't let my view my personal messages for some reason, but I got a notification e-mail so had a read, at the moment im not looking to sell or swap, just because I don't have the driving skill to ensure that I don't wreck a pair alloys, maybe in 6 months or so, when i've passed my test there may be scope for a swap, bought the banded steels for £300 already on the car, so don't know masses about them. Sorry that I can't sell at the moment, but maybe in the future, when i've got my driving, and the car up to a better standar, I might think about it. Sorry mate!
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: tweed on 30 May 2012, 22:37
It's cheaper to buy secound hand bumpers in your colour from eBay. I saw a rear gti bumper go for 99p the other week!

Get the cc seats then just get black leather 3dr doorcards. Get yellow cc seats then spray your steels the same yellow  :wink:
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: gossy on 30 May 2012, 23:06
Right, bumpers are getting bought with what little money I have left after buying insurance and tax! So if If I have a 3dr, does my whole cc interior need to come from a 3dr, for example the rear seats, saw these on e-bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk3-Colour-Concept-Rear-Bench-Seats-Leather-/300716574038?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item46041ac556 and would really like to get them, but don't know if they would fit if they are from a 5dr?
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: stainesy on 30 May 2012, 23:17
Hey mate, sorry won't let my view my personal messages for some reason, but I got a notification e-mail so had a read, at the moment im not looking to sell or swap, just because I don't have the driving skill to ensure that I don't wreck a pair alloys, maybe in 6 months or so, when i've passed my test there may be scope for a swap, bought the banded steels for £300 already on the car, so don't know masses about them. Sorry that I can't sell at the moment, but maybe in the future, when i've got my driving, and the car up to a better standar, I might think about it. Sorry mate!

No worries dude.
Title: Re: Colour Concept Interior
Post by: tweed on 31 May 2012, 06:23
Right, bumpers are getting bought with what little money I have left after buying insurance and tax! So if If I have a 3dr, does my whole cc interior need to come from a 3dr, for example the rear seats, saw these on e-bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk3-Colour-Concept-Rear-Bench-Seats-Leather-/300716574038?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item46041ac556 and would really like to get them, but don't know if they would fit if they are from a 5dr?

The rear and front seats from a 5dr cc will fit your 3dr. The cc door cards won't fit