GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: stainesy on 26 May 2012, 20:06

Title: finaly
Post by: stainesy on 26 May 2012, 20:06
ok peeps after a long time i have finaly turned my mate into a mk3 fan and finaly after a year of driving his cl he has finaly decided to buy a gti. looking for an 8v and he has £600 to spend.

anybody no of any decent ones for sale not stupidly far from luton?

took me ages to persuade him go get a mk3 and then again to get a gti. lets find a good one for him and creat another mk3 gti nut  :grin:
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: Bandit127 on 26 May 2012, 20:17
He should get loads of choice of 150k milers for that. If he is lucky and can wait for the right one he should get something with under 100k and not too much rust. You should go with him and help him pick a good one I reckon.

Congratulations on converting him too. I hope you have many happy hours working on your GTis together ahead of you - it is great having the same car as a mate.

Is he a member on here yet - if not get him to join up.

Title: Re: finaly
Post by: stainesy on 27 May 2012, 09:47
ok i have just sourced my mate a nice anniversary and he is going to see it today. jammy bugger :grin:
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: liva2704 on 27 May 2012, 10:04
I converted the mrs and my brother over to the mk3 gti also,got the mrs a preg silver anni and my brother picked up a dragon green 8v.He said he was keeping it standard but that didnt last long hes modding allready.My mates just got rid of his 620TI and i took him out in mine the other day now hes thinking of getting a mk3 aswell.
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: stainesy on 27 May 2012, 11:00
Yeah it's great ain't it lol. Took me ages to get him to get one. He has only ever driven a 1.1 corsa and a 1.4 standered mk3. So it will be his first ever fun car.  He's gona love it. And the fact it's an anni means hopefully he will think its extra special. He's well exited lol.
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: Luke1981 on 27 May 2012, 11:27
I hope you have told him what he is letting himself in for?  :grin:
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: murraymint on 27 May 2012, 11:37
I converted me dad too! Now he's rocking a mk2 Jetta  :cool:, wish I could convert my gf too as she currently driving a mazda2, good little car but still  :sick:
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: stainesy on 27 May 2012, 21:57
my mate picked up his anni today. very nice clean one aswell. in like a blue/purple colour that seems to change colour in the light.
totally nuts. lastnight he said to me wile drunk sod it mate im gona get a gti like you. then spent the morning on ebay and went to pic up a nice one for £670 with tax and mot this afternoon. less than 24 hours after saying it drunk he is now the pround owner of a very nice mk3. jammy git  :grin:

keep trying to get him to join here now but that is only a matter of time as he seems to have fallen in love with the car already.
already convinced him to buy coilovers next week  :grin:
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: Deano2711 on 28 May 2012, 08:10
my mate picked up his anni today. very nice clean one aswell. in like a blue/purple colour that seems to change colour in the light.
totally nuts. lastnight he said to me wile drunk sod it mate im gona get a gti like you. then spent the morning on ebay and went to pic up a nice one for £670 with tax and mot this afternoon. less than 24 hours after saying it drunk he is now the pround owner of a very nice mk3. jammy git  :grin:

keep trying to get him to join here now but that is only a matter of time as he seems to have fallen in love with the car already.
already convinced him to buy coilovers next week  :grin:

Mystic Blue sounds like the colour....get some pics up  :cool:
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: stainesy on 28 May 2012, 09:05
yeah im in the prosses of getting him to join and come and say hi to everybody  :grin:
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: Dannyboi30 on 28 May 2012, 09:18
yep mystic blue it is best colour
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 28 May 2012, 09:28
Another fellow dubber  xD
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: MK3 Menace on 28 May 2012, 15:13
Mate, if his grille is a bit battered or just needs a spare I have a mystic blue grille in good condition that i only want a few quid for, got a few other spares too.

In Milton Keynes as you know.
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: stainesy on 28 May 2012, 15:56
Mate, if his grille is a bit battered or just needs a spare I have a mystic blue grille in good condition that i only want a few quid for, got a few other spares too.

In Milton Keynes as you know.

Mate what's the paint like on your grill? His grill is not broken but full of stone chips.
How much did you want for it?
What els do you have in mystic blue with good paint?

Also the pics above don't look as bright blue/purple as his. His paint looks almost purlesant.
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: MK3 Menace on 28 May 2012, 16:01
It's in good condition mate, one clip is a bit slack but don't affect it, just he needs to swap his badges over and give it a clean as it's been on a car that was broken for a while.

I will let it go for £10 or swaps for any interesting spares he has with cash either way.

(http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/flyingtoilet/8792e581.jpg)

(http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh289/flyingtoilet/7c6d314e.jpg)

I'll see what other bits I got as I stripped a Mystic Blue MK3 not long ago with a mate.
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: stainesy on 28 May 2012, 16:07
Ok mate nkce1 he will defo have that I recon as paint looks mint. Il get hold of him and let him no.
if you hold that grill in the sunlight does it look like it changes from blue to purple colour?
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: MK3 Menace on 28 May 2012, 17:05
Pretty sure it does, the car it was on did. I'll check it when I get home later mate.

Title: Re: finaly
Post by: stainesy on 28 May 2012, 17:25
Pretty sure it does, the car it was on did. I'll check it when I get home later mate.



Iv pm'd you mate
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: jamesshearman on 28 May 2012, 20:11
Alright! He has converted me, its awesome driving around in it and the condition of the motor is ace.  Great bargain.  Will post up some pics soon!  Oh and yeah I will grab that grill mate (MK3 menace), I will pop over with Stainesy next week fella.   :grin:
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: Bandit127 on 28 May 2012, 20:14
Welcome to the forum James. And welcome to your new GTi. Hopefully you will love it as much as most of the people on here (except when there is stuff wrong  - your mate got well frustrated with his last week).

Good luck with it.
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: stainesy on 28 May 2012, 20:22
Alright! He has converted me, its awesome driving around in it and the condition of the motor is ace.  Great bargain.  Will post up some pics soon!  Oh and yeah I will grab that grill mate (MK3 menace), I will pop over with Stainesy next week fella.   :grin:

hey dude bout fcuking time you turned up on here. must be hard to type as your hand must hurt from all the mastibating over you new gti anniversary  :laugh: :grin:

seriously tho dude welcome man good to have you as part of the club finaly.
iv been showing off your airbrush work on here in the off topic section  :grin:
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: jamesshearman on 28 May 2012, 20:26
cheers mate, yeah he gets frustrated over anything to do with his motors but I guess that's why he does them up so well!  pass me the bucket  :sick: .  I am new to all this but as Stainesy knows golfs like the back of his hand he is a good mate to have about.  Look forward to meeting all (now fellow) dubbers at the shows! 

Dude, maybe we can wank back to back over our golfs, you sick twisted perv lol!  You been touting my wares!!   Nice one, will check it out Ta J.
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: stainesy on 28 May 2012, 20:30
cheers mate, yeah he gets frustrated over anything to do with his motors but I guess that's why he does them up so well!  pass me the bucket  :sick: .  I am new to all this but as Stainesy knows golfs like the back of his hand he is a good mate to have about.  Look forward to meeting all (now fellow) dubbers at the shows! 

Dude, maybe we can wank back to back over our golfs, you sick twisted perv lol!  You been touting my wares!!   Nice one, will check it out Ta J.

 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: MK3 Menace on 29 May 2012, 09:07
Oh and yeah I will grab that grill mate (MK3 menace), I will pop over with Stainesy next week fella.   :grin:

Yeah no worries, it's just sat in the spare room waiting. Stainsey said next Tuesday and thats all good with me.

Dan
Title: Re: finaly
Post by: jamesshearman on 29 May 2012, 23:08
Sweet thanks dan!