GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: murraymint on 06 May 2012, 13:27

Title: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 06 May 2012, 13:27
After selling my gti on Friday to get my mk2 Jetta on the road, and driving to Jetta for one day I'm missing mk3s already  :undecided: I'm already thinking about what I'd do if I bort another one

(http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/murrayminf/cbb849be.jpg)
 :cool:

Soooooo, keep the Jetta or sell up and jump on bord again  :laugh:.
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: Gavv8 on 06 May 2012, 14:08
I do like my mk3 but i like that jetta of yours too, tough choice.
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: DUBboi12 on 06 May 2012, 14:15
Looking at your mk3 I would have to say get back on bord :smiley: lol
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 06 May 2012, 14:54
I do like my mk3 but i like that jetta of yours too, tough choice.

Yh do lie the look of the Jetta but I'm gunna be doing a lot of miles and the Jetta feels a bit basic and, well, old compared to mk3s.

Looking at your mk3 I would have to say get back on bord :smiley: lol

That pic I posted ain't my mk3 bud, but I do have those wheels so if I got another mk3 thats the look I'd be going for
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: DUBboi12 on 06 May 2012, 14:56
Well ya half there then bud, do it lol :smiley:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: stainesy on 06 May 2012, 14:58
i got rid my my black mk3 and regretted it every day. i had a bora and tried a family but i had to sell them and get another mk3.
and now i have got a mk3 again i smile everytime i drive it. i realise now no matter what car i get i will always be drawn back to a mk3. iv done it 3 times now and iv learnt my lesson.
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 06 May 2012, 15:04
i got rid my my black mk3 and regretted it every day. i had a bora and tried a family but i had to sell them and get another mk3.
and now i have got a mk3 again i smile everytime i drive it. i realise now no matter what car i get i will always be drawn back to a mk3. iv done it 3 times now and iv learnt my lesson.

Yh there's something about them ain't there, I've looked at getting mk4s, boras, Leon's, BM's, and always go back to looking at mk3s
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: DUBboi12 on 06 May 2012, 15:05
What are them wheels mate??
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 06 May 2012, 15:06
There fifteen52 snowflakes, but mine are reps as there £700
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: DUBboi12 on 06 May 2012, 15:08
Sweet cheers dude, look really good on mk3's  :smiley:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 06 May 2012, 15:10
Yh, they look good on the Jetta too...... :grin:

Gotta sort the jettas gearbox out before I can start looking around for mk3s  :lipsrsealed:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 06 May 2012, 15:13
@DUDboi just had a look at your mk3 looking good  :cool:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: DUBboi12 on 06 May 2012, 16:35
Cheers dude :smiley: I'm in two minds whether to get a vento front end for it!!  :smiley:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: kahunajb on 06 May 2012, 17:51
I'd give it a bit more time as it can take a while to get used to a new/older car. When I got rid of my mk4 for mk3 I thought what had I done at first but now I absolutely love it much more than I ever loved my mk4.

I think your Jetta looks good and you don't see many around so stick with that for a while.
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 06 May 2012, 17:56
I'd give it a bit more time as it can take a while to get used to a new/older car. When I got rid of my mk4 for mk3 I thought what had I done at first but now I absolutely love it much more than I ever loved my mk4.

I think your Jetta looks good and you don't see many around so stick with that for a while.

Very wise words there, think the main reason for not liking the Jetta is problems with the gearbox,I'm fitting a new one next week so il give it another chance then
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: search on 06 May 2012, 19:18
are thos wheels ATS classics?
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: DUBboi12 on 06 May 2012, 20:14
There fifteen52 snowflakes, but mine are reps as there £700
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: Edwh0re on 07 May 2012, 07:43
Simple solution, Ill have your Jetta and you can have my Mk3  :wink: :grin:

All jokes aside, Jetta's are awesome dude. I have wanted one ever since I got a lift home from an evening job in one back in 1992.

In the meantime here is some inspiration

(http://www.urotuning.com/1552_snowflakes_600_4.jpg)
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: gasketface on 07 May 2012, 20:39
Do'nt know about your Golf but i really miss my ex.Shame the concrete has dried already  :smiley:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 07 May 2012, 20:43
Do'nt know about your Golf but i really miss my ex.Shame the concrete has dried already  :smiley:

 :laugh:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: Dave_IOW on 07 May 2012, 20:53
All the 3's gone now then? The ABF one will be no longer soon!   :evil:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 07 May 2012, 21:03
All the 3's gone now then? The ABF one will be no longer soon!   :evil:

Yh the other mk3 at house is my dads, when you starting ripping it apart?
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 07 May 2012, 22:40
What about this?

(http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/murrayminf/cf4242a6.jpg)

(http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/murrayminf/c072c847.jpg)
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 07 May 2012, 22:44
Bottle opener on the boot.  :wink:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: Dave_IOW on 07 May 2012, 23:06
All the 3's gone now then? The ABF one will be no longer soon!   :evil:

Yh the other mk3 at house is my dads, when you starting ripping it apart?

Next week with any luck, the ABF sounds so good though, I was actually doubting whether to use that instead of the 1.8t but have to carry on with it now  :laugh:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 07 May 2012, 23:12
All the 3's gone now then? The ABF one will be no longer soon!   :evil:

Yh the other mk3 at house is my dads, when you starting ripping it apart?

Next week with any luck, the ABF sounds so good though, I was actually doubting whether to use that instead of the 1.8t but have to carry on with it now  :laugh:

Yh it does sound good, even with the standard pipe onit!

Yh abf conversion would be good but couldn't get 300bhp out if it
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: Dave_IOW on 08 May 2012, 00:32
All the 3's gone now then? The ABF one will be no longer soon!   :evil:

Yh the other mk3 at house is my dads, when you starting ripping it apart?

Next week with any luck, the ABF sounds so good though, I was actually doubting whether to use that instead of the 1.8t but have to carry on with it now  :laugh:

Yh it does sound good, even with the standard pipe onit!

Yh abf conversion would be good but couldn't get 300bhp out if it

AGU will only be 230hp, think i could get the ABF close to 200 on my budget but know i will miss the blower  :sad:
Title: Re: Miss owning a mk3 already...
Post by: murraymint on 08 May 2012, 20:44
Dad said about 'swapping' back with him for my old 1.6, I get a mk3, Jetta stays in the family. Good plan?