GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: gizmomk3 on 04 May 2012, 18:17

Title: Clocks
Post by: gizmomk3 on 04 May 2012, 18:17
Got new clocks to day fuel gadge should work now lol
On changing the clocks over I saw that the new one did not have led's on it it's got bulbs that can be Easley changed.

My question is its got a fuel light on the clocks if I put I bulb in it will if work when I get low on fuel???
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: F17BAD on 04 May 2012, 18:22
no
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: gizmomk3 on 04 May 2012, 18:26
Why will it not work????
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: F17BAD on 04 May 2012, 18:38
what clocks you got ?

mine are anniversary ones, they have a space for the Fuel light, so i soldered one in.. it didn't work.. dunno why but it didn't

my advice is just put fuel in the car you won't ever need a light haha
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: gizmomk3 on 04 May 2012, 19:07
Dam it y dident I think of that  :laugh:
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: search on 04 May 2012, 19:44
My car runs on air don't tell the government they will tax me on it.
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: Wizzard on 04 May 2012, 22:45
When I removed my clocks i just put in a bulb
and now have working low fuel light. :smiley:
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: Dogbot on 04 May 2012, 23:18
I have silver faced seat 16v clocks an the fuel light works on those...
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: kodkod.84 on 04 May 2012, 23:25
Mine does not work. But neither did my 1.4se with silver clocks.
Not too fussed as soon as trip counter is on 400 miles time to fill up.
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: Wayne on 04 May 2012, 23:40
I don't think mk3's ever had a low fuel warning light.
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: Dogbot on 04 May 2012, 23:55
I believe you are correct Wayne, the seat Ibiza and Cordoba, abf's did as that's the clocks I have an the fuel light works a treat,  :cool:
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: mrsaunders on 05 May 2012, 08:35
I thought the yanks had them as standard?
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: Wayne on 05 May 2012, 09:06
I thought the yanks had them as standard?

They may have done but I know my 1996 did not have one.
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 05 May 2012, 09:21
The only mk3 clocks ive seen with a fuel light are jap and yank ones.

My 16v anni clocks definitely don't have one as they've been apart enough times.
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: Wizzard on 05 May 2012, 09:22
My clocks must have been changed at some
time then cos mine defo works.
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: thai-wronghorse on 05 May 2012, 09:23
my last 8v and the standard clocks that were in my valver didnt either.
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: F17BAD on 05 May 2012, 21:37
I don't think mk3's ever had a low fuel warning light.

This


but he now says they are Seat ones, they did have a amber light
Title: Re: Clocks
Post by: gizmomk3 on 05 May 2012, 21:53
Well I've put a bulb in it and I have half a tank of fuel So we will see when I get low