GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: WeekendMechanic on 02 May 2012, 17:00

Title: Central locking question
Post by: WeekendMechanic on 02 May 2012, 17:00
Anyone know how to fix a leaking front driver side leaking central lock without having to buy one new,sealer?
Title: Re: Central locking question
Post by: Luke1981 on 02 May 2012, 20:22
Cut pipe at point where the leak or split is, then push both ends in a piece of rubber tubing. Make sure it is a tight fit though.
Title: Re: Central locking question
Post by: WeekendMechanic on 03 May 2012, 16:33
Its not the pipe that`s leaking its the unit.
Title: Re: Central locking question
Post by: dan_apps on 03 May 2012, 18:30
thought the units were sealed so you need to replace the whole thing?
Title: Re: Central locking question
Post by: WeekendMechanic on 03 May 2012, 18:37
thought the units were sealed so you need to replace the whole thing?

I don`t know,I hope there is a fix,I`m going to dismantle the unit Saturday and try some sealer,I hope it opens up and I don't break it and make it worse  :undecided: