GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Aarons golf mk3 on 01 May 2012, 00:21

Title: Can some one help me as I a new to golf
Post by: Aarons golf mk3 on 01 May 2012, 00:21
My car is golf cl I got a spiller and I do not know how to put it on my car it's of I gti has eny one done it befor thank aaron.    And what do I with option as I am not good with pc
Title: Re: Can some one help me as I a new to golf
Post by: 16valver dan on 01 May 2012, 02:31
depending on the splitter should just clip on mate and what do you mean what to do with options?
Title: Re: Can some one help me as I a new to golf
Post by: Bandit127 on 01 May 2012, 06:41
I thought he meant spoiler.
Title: Re: Can some one help me as I a new to golf
Post by: stainesy on 01 May 2012, 07:12
If you mean rear spoiler the gti's have 3 holes along the top of the rear window where the 3 bolts on the spoiler go through and have nuts on the other side. As yours is a XL and does not have the holes in the rear window you can remove the bolts from the spoiler and use tiger seal to glue it on place

Hope that helps  :wink:
Title: Re: Can some one help me as I a new to golf
Post by: Aarons golf mk3 on 01 May 2012, 21:22
That it I missed the o thank you
Title: Re: Can some one help me as I a new to golf
Post by: eamonnism on 02 May 2012, 11:00
When I had one, I hammered the bolts into the spoiler and shook them out. I then stuck it on with clear silicon. I wouldn't reccomend.it, its nearly impossible to get silicon off of glass.  :laugh:
Title: Re: Can some one help me as I a new to golf
Post by: VR6_Wherry on 02 May 2012, 11:02
When I had one, I hammered the bolts into the spoiler and shook them out. I then stuck it on with clear silicon. I wouldn't reccomend.it, its nearly impossible to get silicon off of glass.  :laugh:

Not with a little bit of heat  :wink:
Title: Re: Can some one help me as I a new to golf
Post by: Gash on 02 May 2012, 11:57
When I had one, I hammered the bolts into the spoiler and shook them out. I then stuck it on with clear silicon. I wouldn't reccomend.it, its nearly impossible to get silicon off of glass.  :laugh:

Not with a little bit of heat  :wink:

or fire
Title: Re: Can some one help me as I a new to golf
Post by: eamonnism on 02 May 2012, 13:05
When I had one, I hammered the bolts into the spoiler and shook them out. I then stuck it on with clear silicon. I wouldn't reccomend.it, its nearly impossible to get silicon off of glass.  :laugh:

Not with a little bit of heat  :wink:

or fire

Haha, guess ill borrow my missus' hair dryer!  :laugh:
Or failing that get a flamethrower!