GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: Pearce69 on 30 April 2012, 10:55

Title: Buying a mk3 gti
Post by: Pearce69 on 30 April 2012, 10:55
Hey all just after some things to look out for when buying a mk3, what year did they make them too? I currently have a mk2 but having some problems so thinking I might go for a mk3 as its newer. What are common problems 2?
Title: Re: Buying a mk3 gti
Post by: CJA321 on 30 April 2012, 11:32
Rust rot rust rot rust rot rust just to name afew.
Title: Re: Buying a mk3 gti
Post by: Gavv8 on 30 April 2012, 13:54
Look in the top section of the mk3 part of the forum, all you need to know about buying/owning/maintaining a mk3 is there.
Title: Re: Buying a mk3 gti
Post by: Wayne on 30 April 2012, 13:54
As posted rust is the main issue
Title: Re: Buying a mk3 gti
Post by: Luke1981 on 30 April 2012, 16:11
as above plus the very temperamental electrics. Numerous posts have been placed re windows not working, immobiliser issues etc.

If I was buying another MK3 I would be going over it with a very very very fine tooth comb!  :wink:
Title: Re: Buying a mk3 gti
Post by: Gavv8 on 30 April 2012, 17:18
as above plus the very temperamental electrics. Numerous posts have been placed re windows not working, immobiliser issues etc.

If I was buying another MK3 I would be going over it with a very very very fine tooth comb!  :wink:
To be fair i think this is usually age related rather than any inherent problems.
Title: Re: Buying a mk3 gti
Post by: Luke1981 on 30 April 2012, 18:36
as above plus the very temperamental electrics. Numerous posts have been placed re windows not working, immobiliser issues etc.

If I was buying another MK3 I would be going over it with a very very very fine tooth comb!  :wink:
To be fair i think this is usually age related rather than any inherent problems.

I couldn't agree more gav, just worth bearing in mind due to fatigue in the door bellows etc.